FGCU/SUS Immunization Requirements
The State University System of Florida/FGCU requires all students born AFTER 12/31/1956 to upload documented vaccine proof or lab immunity to MMRs, (Measles (Rubeola) Mumps and German Measles (Rubella) to their SHS Portal. If born PRIOR to 12/31/56 call our office
**DUE TO THE COVID-19 virus you MUST have an appointment and green check mark proof of your "daily screening questions" to walk into Student Health Services.
Please CALL FIRST for questions or to make an appointment. NO WALK-INS at this time.
(PLEASE click "MYPROFILE" in your portal FIRST, (big red button above) after you log in, as you may be compliant via the FLShots automatic upload. It may have uploaded all, some or none of your shots, so please view the "Immunization Compliance" box on the top of your portal page as well. Green check marks are compliant. Red "X" is not compliant. IF you are NOT compliant proceed with instructions below)
- 2 MMR vaccine dates (Measles/Mumps/Rubella) After 1971 OR positive Rubella/ Rubeola/Mumps lab/titer results. (MUST HAVE actual lab results)
- Hepatitis B vaccine (3) shot series OR select the FGCU waiver/opt out box located in your SHS Portal.
- 1 Meningitis (ACWY) vaccine administered AFTER age 16 OR select the FGCU waiver/opt out box located in your SHS Portal. (Note*** Meningitis B will not fulfill the FGCU requirements) IF UNDER 18, and wish to opt out, a parent may complete the "Immunization History Form/PARENT Waiver" located below, in the "Printable Immunization Form(s)" tab. You will upload that form to your portal for processing.
- ***** If you've received vaccines in Florida or transferred vaccine documents to an establishment in Florida, they MAY already be upload to your SHS Portal by the "FLShots Database System". PLEASE check your SHS portal first (link above) for compliance AND your Gulfline "Hold Scren" to see if the hold has been removed already
- If you are a PREVIOUS/RETURNING FGCU student, APPLIED TO GRAD SCHOOL or are Birth Date Exempt (born PRIOR to 12/31/56) and have a hold,please call 239-590-1254 OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org as we may have your documents on file. (have your UIN ready)
- Distance/Virtual learning does NOT mean you are exempt from the immunization requirements.
To View Holds in your Gulfline Account
- Sign into your Gulfline account
- Click "Student" tab
- Click "Student Records" tab
- "View Holds"
To UPload immunization documents to your SHS Portal
*** ACCESS TO YOUR SHS PORTAL WILL BE AVAILABLE 24 HOURS AFTER YOU'VE BEEN ACCEPTED
If it has been more than 24 hours and you can't log in with your single sign on, please call 239-590-1188 for the FGCU "IT" department to assist you
(Please view "MYPROFILE" in your portal first, as the FLShots database MAY have already uploaded some or all of your vaccine dates for you automatically. IF NOT, proceed with the instructions below)
- Click "Student Health Portal" above (big red button)
- Sign in using your single sign on info
- Click "MYFORMS" on the top
- Click the "Immunization History for Portal" form (if form is not visible, contact us: 239-590-1254 or email@example.com)
- Enter date(s) on form and/or waiver options then scroll to bottom for uploading instructions
- Submit (hold removal or new updates can happen immediatly but can take up to 72 business hours)
*Please watch the video below for information regarding Meningitis.
Acceptable Proof/Acceptable Documentation FormsToggle More Info
Immunization ProcessToggle More Info
Unable to find your immunization documents?Toggle More Info
Valid Immunization ExemptionsToggle More Info
Acceptable vaccination or immunity testing locationsToggle More Info
Printable Immunization Form(s) OR need a copy of your records.Toggle More Info
Student Health Services Portal
Our new online portal allows you to upload, update and print immunization documents, through our secure site