Plan ahead for your big day
Congratulations on your achievements. We look forward to celebrating you at the Spring | Summer Grad Walk events taking place the weekend of May 7-8 at Alico Arena.
Grad Walk Experience
- Stage Walk. Experience a personalized celebration as your name is read aloud on stage while up to six of your family and friends cheer you on from the arena floor.
- What to Wear. Graduates may choose to wear official commencement regalia ordered through the FGCU bookstore or other professional attire of your selection. Cords can also be ordered through the FGCU bookstore. Rented regalia can be returned to the bookstore between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Graduate Diploma Cover and Photo. In addition to receiving your official FGCU diploma cover, photographers will be onsite to capture your commemorative photo.
- Family and Friends Photo. Additional onsite photo stations in the arena will be available for family and friends to take photos with the graduate following the stage walk.
- Alumni Gift. Before exiting the arena, graduates can stop by the Alumni Association table for a complimentary gift.
Important Reminder: Your registered time slot is inclusive of one (1) 15-minute window during your college’s designated Grad Walk day.
Arrival and Parking
- Plan on arriving no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your registered Grad Walk time slot.
- Graduates and their guests are strongly encouraged to arrive in one vehicle.
- Complimentary parking will be available in the Alico Arena parking lot.
- All guests (graduate and up to six guests) must be present at time of check in.
- Two check-in tables will be located outside the main entry doors to Alico Arena. You may check in at any table.
- Please have your e-ticket ready to show on your mobile device to ensure a smooth and paperless check-in process. Please note: only one (1) ticket is needed for you and your party.
- A reader card will be provided for your completion at check in. You will hand this to the onstage attendant once inside the arena.
- Graduates can purchase and pick up an FGCU Graduation Medallion at the Annual Giving table stationed outside the arena. Graduates who have pre-purchased their Graduation Medallions can also pick up them up at the Annual Giving table before going inside the arena.
- Following check in, you and your guests will stay together in line while you wait to enter the arena for the Grad Walk experience.
- No seating will be provided for any guests. Expect to be standing and walking for 15-30 minutes.
- Guests will be required to quickly exit the arena following Grad Walk.
- Food and drink are not allowed.
Should you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.