Make your next event fabulous
Anyone can incorporate sustainability practices into catered events. Learn how to formally certify your event or simply make it more inclusive, memorable, and ecologically-friendly.
- Make arrangements with Chartwells and request their Green Event reusablewares.
- Work with Chartwells when menu planning to ensure your event boasts at least one plant-based (vegan/vegetarian) option and incorporates seasonal, locally available foods wherever possible. Local produce is available in SWFL from October through May.
- Offer infused water/bulk iced tea or lemonade over bottled water/individually bottled beverages.
- Be sure there are waste and recycling receptacles available. For further guidance, please contact the Work Management Center at email@example.com.
- Work with Chartwells to offer creamer carafes as opposed to single-use, throw away creamers.
- Consider what day and time will best fit most people’s schedules.
- Be considerate of previously scheduled events as well as holidays or cultural celebrations outside those you observe.
- Please write, "If assistance is needed due to a disability, please contact (insert host’s name) at (insert host's contact information) at least 72 hours prior to the start of the event" on the marketing materials. See the “Making Events Accessible on Campus Checklist” for additional information.
- Be aware of assumptions you may be making about the type of programs and activities people will enjoy.
- Be aware of food allergies and dietary restrictions and make an effort to accommodate these.
- Know where the nearest universal restroom is located in case anyone asks.
Satiate your appetite
FGCU Dining's catering guide offers a variety of plant-based menu options.View Catering Guide