Accuplacer is a platform that provides an integrated battery of computer-adaptive exams that were engineered for the purpose of assessing students’ skills in reading, writing and mathematics.
Accuplacer is an online system that was developed by the College Board and it is capable of producing immediate results, which can be used to support accurate placement and remediation. It also offers Diagnostic, Writing and ESL assessments.
The WritePlacer test, otherwise known as the essay exam, is restricted to two hours. If you require more time please let us know. All other Accuplacer exams are multiple option and untimed.
The term Computerized Adaptive Testing or CAT applies to any computer-based test in which the answer to a question determines the difficulty level of the next. Therefore, the final score is determined by the number of questions answered correctly and the difficulty level of questions answered correctly.
Diagnostic Testing offers a detailed analysis of a student’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as of knowledge and skills. It is a valuable tool that can be used to enhance college preparedness and academic performance.
Accuplacer diagnostic tests can enable institutions to:
- Assess student preparedness in reading, writing, and math.
- Learn more about a student’s academic strengths and weaknesses while they are still in high school, transitioning to college, or already attending college.
- Apply academic interventions with greater precision.
- Address student remediation issues and develop tutoring and mentoring strategies early.
- Help students identify which skill areas to focus on for improvement.
If you are interested in Accuplacer Diagnostic Testing please email us.
Accuplacer Study Materials
The College Board offers information on how to prepare for the Accuplacer test at their Practice and Be Prepared for ACCUPLACER website.
For further information please go to the College Board’s Accuplacer main website.
Registering for an Accuplacer exam at Testing and Assessment
Registering for an Accuplacer test is as simple as using our online registration system.
What is the fee associated with taking the Accuplacer exam?
The administration fee will be determined by:
- If you have been accepted to FGCU and are taking the test as part of your Eagle View Orientation experience, the administration fee will be $23.50.
- If you are a current FGCU student or are taking the test 30 days after your Eagle View Orientation experience, the administration fee will be $33.50.
- If you are not an FGCU student and are taking your Accuplacer exam for another school, the administration fee will be $43.50.
Requesting disability-related accommodations for an Accuplacer exam
- If you are a current FGCU student or have been accepted to FGCU and are taking the test as part of your Eagle View Orientation experience, you need to register with the Office of Adaptive Services. You will receive instructions as to how to arrange to take the Accuplacer there with your accommodations.
- If you are not an FGCU student you need to contact the Office of Adaptive Services for more information.
What do I have to bring on the day of my appointment?
We recommend arriving at least fifteen minutes before your appointment time. You need to bring an acceptable and not-expired form of photo identification, such as:
- College ID
- Driver’s license
- State-issued photo ID
- High School ID
- Current State or Federal ID Card
- Tribal ID Card
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship
Accuplacer for Eagle View Orientation
If you are taking an Accuplacer test as part of your Eagle View Orientation experience we are here to help. We work together with the Office of New Student Programs to provide a secure and stress-free testing environment.
We encourage EVO students to register online on the first day of Orientation. This guarantees a seat will be reserved for you on the second day. Please consult with your advisor to obtain the required EVO Referral Form.
Accuplacer for College Advising
If you are being referred by a college advisor to take an Accuplacer test we are happy to help. We need you to register online and to consult with your advisor to obtain the required Mathematic Placement Test Referral form.
I still have questions
You can reach us via email. We will be more than happy to answer your questions.