The office of Testing and Assessment of Florida Gulf Coast University offers proctoring services for students taking distance-learning courses with other universities and colleges.
Students enrolled in FGCU or other institutions can make use of these services. They are open to the community as well.
We recommend arriving at least fifteen minutes before your appointment time.
You need to bring an acceptable and not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature, such as:
- Driver’s license
- State-issued photo ID
- Current State or Federal ID Card
- Tribal ID Card
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship
In order to receive disability-related accommodations for this exam, students must register with the Office of Adaptive Services. Upon approval of reasonable accommodations, email us for information on how to proceed in scheduling your exam.
- There is a rescheduling fee.
If you schedule a date and time for your exam and you cannot come in to take your test, or desire to change confirmed appointment, you must pay a $28.50 reschedule fee.
- Exam lengths greater than 4 hours are subject to availability.
Send an email to Testing and Assessment with your testing requirement and we will do our best to fulfill them.
- We require you make your appointment no less than three days prior to your testing window. If you will be taking multiple exams, each exam must be scheduled days prior to when you need to take it.
- Your test is given in strict accordance to instructions received from faculty, Test Center, or institution.
You can reach us via email. We will be more than happy to answer your questions.
Registering for a Proctored Exam
The cost of taking a distance-learning exam will be based on the allotted time indicated by the issuing institution.
For exams 2 hours or less, the fee is $48.50.
For exams 3 hours or less, the fee is $58.50.
For exams 4 hours or less, the fee is $68.50.
Exams over 4 hours are subject to availability. Please email email@example.com for details regarding fees and scheduling.
1. Send an e-mail to the instructor or institution for whom you are taking the exam, indicating that you have chosen to have your exam(s) proctored at Florida Gulf Coast University. Please cc: firstname.lastname@example.org on this email.
2. Ask your instructor or institution to send a detailed e-mail to email@example.com. The email from the instructor or institution must provide the information necessary for us to administer the exam; this includes materials allowed/exam aids, passwords, time allowed, etc.
3. Register, schedule, and pay for your seat through the Online Registration button below.
Follow up with Testing & Assessment, and your institution, to ensure that we have all the materials necessary no later than 24 hours prior to your scheduled exam; you can do this by emailing or calling Testing & Assessment. It is the candidate's responsibility in making sure all materials and information are sent to Testing & Assessment prior to their exam date.