Distance Learning Examinations
The office of Testing and Assessment of Florida Gulf Coast University offers proctoring services for students taking distance-learning courses with other universities and colleges.
Students enrolled in FGCU or other institutions can make use of these services. They are open to the community as well.
What is the fee associated with taking a proctored exam?
The cost of taking a distance-learning exam depends on the length required by the student to complete the examination.
- If the exam requires from 1 to 2 hours, the fee is $48.50.
- If the exam requires from 2 to 3 hours, the fee is $58.50.
- If the exam requires from 3 to 4 hours, the fee is $68.50.
Important things you need to know
- There is a rescheduling fee.
If you schedule a date and time for your exam and you cannot come in to take your test, or desire to change confirmed appointment, you must pay a $28.50 reschedule fee.
- Exam lengths greater than 4 hours are subject to availability.
Send an email to Testing and Assessment with your testing requirement and we will do our best to fulfill them.
- We require you make your appointment no less than three days prior to your testing window. If you will be taking multiple exams, each exam must be scheduled days prior to when you need to take it.
- Your test is given in strict accordance to instructions received from faculty, Test Center, or institution.
Registering for a Proctored Exam
- Send an e-mail to the instructor or institution for whom you are taking the exam.
- State that you have chosen to have your exam(s) proctored at Florida Gulf Coast University.
- Ask your instructor or institution to send a detailed e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email from the instructor or institution must provide the information necessary for us to administer the exam; such as materials allowed, passwords to access your exam, time allowed, etc.
- Send a copy of this e-mail to email@example.com.
- Once we have received communication back from your instructor or institution, we will notify you by email to register and pay for your exam.
- You may register for a proctored exam using our online registration system.
What do I have to bring on the day of my appointment?
We recommend arriving at least fifteen minutes before your appointment time.
You need to bring an acceptable and not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature, such as:
- Driver’s license
- State-issued photo ID
- Current State or Federal ID Card
- Tribal ID Card
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship
I still have questions
You can reach us via email. We will be more than happy to answer your questions.