CAS Strategic Planning
The CAS Strategic Planning committee is charged to develop a broad, comprehensive, and collaborative strategic planning document that will guide the College of Arts and Science’s planning and decision-making processes. The committee will utilize the information gained from the college’s visioning and strategic planning Charrettes and align our plan within the University’s mission, vision, guiding principles to develop a shared vision for the college.
During the Fall 2023 semester the committee will fully engage with stakeholders to establish the college’s strategic direction and develop long-range priorities in support of student, academic, and facility needs. The committee will present to the Dean the results of this comprehensive and shared governance process through a coherent and aspirational document that clearly aligns with the University’s mission and financial position and its long-range opportunities and priorities.
|Dr. Laura Frost||CAS Associate Dean (Committee Chair and Administrative Representative)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Patricia Rice||CAS Dean's Suite (Alumni & Staff Representative/Administrative Support)||email@example.com|
|Dr. Derek Buzasi||Chemistry & Physics (Ranked faculty member from STEM)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Christopher Endrinal||Bower School of Music & the Arts (Ranked faculty member from Arts)||email@example.com|
|Travis Garmager||Integrated Studies (Alumni & Staff Representative)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vonetta E. Hardy||CAS Advising (Staff & Advising Representative)||email@example.com|
|Dr. Sandra Pavelka||Political Science and Public Administration (CGT and ranked faculty from Social Science)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Joanna Salapska-Gelleri||Psychology (Department Chair Representative)||email@example.com|
|Dr. Michael Von Cannon||Language & Literature (Instructor faculty member from Humanities)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Roles & Responsibilities of the Committee:
- Responding (at minimum) to emails over summer, attend meetings when available.
- Understanding the components of a strategic plan and the process.
- Planning and hosting sessions to engaged identified stakeholder groups in the development of the objectives and goals for the institutional strategic plan, and providing feedback to those groups on a continuing basis, through a variety of fora.
- Actively working with key college-wide committees such as CGT for feedback and dissemination.
- Creating and sending out surveys.
- Collecting and reviewing data.
- Communicating with constituents and community.
- Ensuring a transparent and fair process.
- Actively participating in the strategic planning committee.
- Promoting and advocating for the plan to all stakeholders (internal and external).
Strategic Planning Process and Meeting Schedule
4/20/23 Meeting: SWOC for GAP analysisToggle More Info
5/3/23 Meeting: Discussion of SWOC to create GAP analysisToggle More Info
6/27/23 Meeting: Discuss Strategic Plan TemplateToggle More Info
7/10/23 & 8/2/23 Meeting: Edit/Finalize Draft Strategic Plan TemplateToggle More Info
9/13/23Toggle More Info