Apply for a New U.S. Passport
At FGCU we value the importance of world travel, and as such we are an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility. We serve FGCU students, faculty, staff and members of the community.
FGCU Passport Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9am - 2pm
(Please allow/schedule 30 min for each applicant)
Items Required to process your U.S Passport Application
All Original Documents AND Copies are required
- Form DS-11 Passport Application. Available online at travel.state.gov or in our office. Complete in black ink only. If you are printing completed Form DS-11, please print single sided.
- U.S. Citizenship Document Original/Certified U.S. Birth Certificate, previous undamaged fully-valid U.S. Passport Book or Card (can be expired), Certificate of Birth Abroad OR original Certificate of Naturalization. Photocopies are not accepted as original physical evidence. The U.S. Department of State requires long-form birth certificate with parental information. Please see travel.state.gov for further information on U.S. Citizenship Documents.
- Photo Identification Florida driver's license or review list for other acceptable primary photo IDs . A secondary form of photo identification will be required for non-Florida Driver's Licenses.
- One 2 x 2 Passport Photo. FGCU has a Passport Photo Booth located in the Library. The cost is $12.99 per ID Print, payable by credit card. There are also passport photo services at local establishments outside of FGCU. Please review the U.S. Passport Photo requirement for further details.
TWO SEPARATE PAYMENTS:
5. Check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State. They do not accept starter checks or credit/debit card payments. This payment gets mailed with the passport application. Please see the Passport Fee Chart 2023 for further details.
6. Check, money order, or credit/debit card payable to FGCU. $35 FGCU Facility Execution Fee. Add USPS Express Mail (1-2 day delivery) for an additional $24.90 = $59.90 FGCU Fee with Express Mail.
7. COPIES: Copies (single sided) - Copy of the front & back of photo ID on 81/2 x 11 sheet of paper and copy of the front & back of U.S. Citizenship document on an 81/2 x 11 sheet of paper. DO NOT ENLARGE copies
Applicant's Age 16 or 17 eligible for Adult Passport:
- Parental Awareness: The applicant and at least one parent/guardian along with their photo identification must be present at the time of the Passport appointment. Both parents along with their photo identification are helpful in the passport processing of children age 16-17. Please let us know if only one can attend for further instruction.
- Copies (single sided) - Copy of the front & back of both parent(s)/guardian(s) photo ID on an 81/2 x 11 sheet of paper. DO NOT ENLARGE
Applicant's Under Age 16:
- Child applicant and both parent(s)/legal guardian(s) must be present at time of the appointment to sign off on the application.
- Both Parent(s)/Guardian(s) Photo Identification and photocopy of front and back of ID printed single sided on an 81/2 x 11 sheet of paper. DO NOT ENLARGE copies
- Child's original/certified U.S. birth certificate and photocopy of front and back single-sided on an 81/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
Proof of Name Change: If your name has changed for any reason (marriage, adoption, etc) you will need to bring in original documentation to support your name change (marriage certificate, adoption papers, court order name change documents, etc).
If you have any issues meeting the above listed criteria, please contact our office, 239-590-1485
Please call 239-590-1485 to schedule your FGCU Passport Appointment
Para asistencia en Español llama a 239-590-7925
FGCU Passport Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 2PM every 30 minutes.
Prior to coming to your scheduled appointment, it is important to review the Passport Appointment Requirements tab above.
A separate appointment is required for each applicant if scheduling for more than 1 person.
NO CASH is accepted: Check or Money Order only for your application
Thank you for making an appointment with us to help you process your passport application.
- Florida Gulf Coast University Passport Facility
- Enter through the main FGCU campus entrance via Ben Hill Griffin Parkway.
- A Parking Permit is required to park on campus. Please stop by the FGCU Information Booth at the FGCU main entrance for your parking permit.
- Take second right to turn onto FGCU Blvd S.
- Our office is located in the modular building on your left after you pass the Campus Support Complex blg.
- Provide yourself with at least 10 minutes to park and to find our office on campus.
- Processing Times for U.S. Passports
- What is the difference between a Passport Book and a Passport Card?
- A passport book is valid for all international travel by air, sea, or land.
- The passport card is only valid for land border crossings and sea ports-of-entry in Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.
- How do I check the status of my passport application? Please see U.S. Passport Application Status
- Name Change or Correct a U.S. Passport
- Report Passport Lost or Stolen
- Get my Passport Fast
- Other Passport Facilities