Apply for a New U.S. Passport
At FGCU we value the importance of world travel, and as such we are an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility. We serve FGCU students, faculty, staff and the public.
Appointments are for new passport books or passport cards only.
To schedule an appointment please call (239) 590-7925.
Appointments available Monday-Friday,10:00 AM -1:00 PM.
Renewing your passport by mail
If you answer yes to ALL 5 statements below then you can renew your passport by mail.
- You have your passport in your possession to submit with your application
- It’s undamaged other than normal wear and tear
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name or you can document your name change
What to Bring
Items needed to process Adult Passport Application :
- Completed Application - printed single sided form DS-11, available at travel.state.gov.
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship – original or certified copy of U.S. Birth Certificate, Certificate of Birth Abroad,
or Certificate of Naturalization.
- US Citizens- original or certified copy of birth certificate (long form with both parents’ names listed) .
- Naturalized US Citizens- original naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.
- Applicants under age 18 naturalizing through a parent- original or certified copy of foreign birth certificates with a certified English translation of the foreign birth certificate, a permanent resident card and one parent’s original naturalization certificate.
- Photo Identification – you must present one physical, primary ID which includes your photo.
- Applicants 18 years or older - Valid government issued photo identification
- Applicants 16 to 17 years old - Valid government issued photo identification of one parent and of applicant (one parent MUST be present)
- Applicants under 16 years old - Valid government issued photo identification of each parent listed on child’s birth certificate (BOTH parents MUST be present or a certified copy of a court document must be presented that states the reason for one parents’ absence).
- Copies (single sided)
- Copy of front and back of photo identification on 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper
- Copy of front and back of citizenship document on 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper
- One 2x2 passport photo (must meet U.S. Department of State requirements)
- Two Separate Payments are required:
- U.S. Department of State Passport Application Fee – Check or Money Order ONLY
- Florida Gulf Coast University Execution Fee – May be paid by Check, Money Order, Debit/Credit Card
*For children under 16 - Both parents, along with the child, must be present with photo identification (Driver’s License, Government or State-Issued ID). Please review more information about passports for children under the age of 16.
Our office charges an execution fee to be paid separately from the passport fee.
For detailed information on fees, please refer to the Passport Fee Chart.
For detailed information about passports you may go to travel.state.gov.