Congratulations New Collegiate Academy Student!
We are excited to welcome you to the FGCU family and can't wait to work with you in the fall! Please carefully review the step by step intake and registration process below. You will not be able to register for courses until each step is completed, in order.
The intake/registration process must be completed by June 30, 2022 to retain your spot in the program for 2022-2023.
Step 1 - Submit the Program Acceptance FormToggle More Info
Review and complete the Collegiate Academy Program Acceptance Form. Completed forms should be saved as PDF and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2 - Activate Your Eagle Access AccountToggle More Info
We anticipate that your Eagle Access Account will be ready to be activated on Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Every FGCU student receives a unique e-mail address. Your Eagle eMail account serves as the official means of communication between you and the University. From this point forward, we will communicate with you exclusively through your Eagle eMail account.
- Activation Process: You will receive an auto-generated e-mail from FGCU within the next 5-10 business days titled "Important Eagle Access Information." The auto-generated e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address provided in your application. Once you receive the e-mail, gather your University ID Number (UIN) that was provided in your admission letter, review the step by step instructions and click on this link to activate your account: https://www.fgcu.edu/email/ Click on the red "activate" button located under the "Claim Eagle Access Account" header. On the next screen, click "Claim Your Account" under the "New to FGCU or Enroll" subheading.
- Be sure to make note of your unique Eagle eMail address and the new password you create. You will use this combination to log in to every application at FGCU!
- You should check your Eagle eMail account at least once per day. Adding it to your smartphone is also a great idea. Instructions can be found on the email website referenced above.
Step 3 - Activate 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) & Log-in to GulflineToggle More Info
- Gulfline is where you will view and manage most of your personal information at FGCU including reviewing holds, viewing your course schedule, and registering for courses (for spring 2023 and beyond).
- To access Gulfline, you must first set up a 2 Factor Authentication to verify your identity. Instructions can be found here: https://www.fgcu.edu/its/2fa/ Click on the "instructions for enrollment/registration" link next to #2 under the "Four Easy Steps" heading.
- You will log in to Gulfline using your Eagle eMail address and password that you created in Step 1 of the intake process. The Gulfline log in page can be found at the top of any FGCU website by clicking on "Gulfline" at the top of the screen. To log in, click the green "Gulfline" button under the "Gulfline Self-Services Application" heading. Here is the quick link to Gulfline: https://www.fgcu.edu/gulfline/
- You will also use 2FA to access Canvas (our online learning management system). The 2FA you established for Gulfline will also work for Canvas. We will talk more about Canvas during orientation.
Step 4 - Submit Your Immunization DocumentationToggle More Info
The State University System of Florida requires that all students present proof of immunity to certain diseases. Your immunization documentation must be submitted and processed before you will be allowed to go any further in the Collegiate Academy intake/registration process:
- Student Health Services at FGCU manages the immunization documentation process. Documentation will be uploaded through the Student Health Services portal. Immunization information can be found here: https://www.fgcu.edu/studentlife/studenthealth/immunizations.aspx Specific documentation information can be found by scrolling down past the video and expanding the "Acceptable Proof/Acceptable Documentation Forms" menu.
- As a student under the age of 18, your parent will need to sign any applicable waivers. The waivers are typically used for the hepatitis and meningitis immunizations. Most of our dual enrollment students have either not yet had the meningitis vaccine or had the vaccine prior to their 16th birthday. In both of these scenarios, you may choose to submit the completed meningitis waiver. This will allow you to complete the immunization documentation process prior to receiving a meningitis vaccine or booster. The waiver must be signed by your parent/guardian. The waiver can be accessed here: https://www.fgcu.edu/studentlife/studenthealth/immunizations.aspx#PrintableImmunizationFormsORneedacopyofyourrecords Click on the green highlighted "Download Immunization History Form/PARENT Waiver" link to download and print the form. The completed waiver can then be uploaded to your Student Health Services portal.
- You can check the status of your Immunization Hold by checking your holds in Gulfline. Follow
these steps to check your holds in Gulfline:
- Sign into your Gulfline account
- Click "Student" tab
- Click "Student Records" tab
- Click "View Holds"
- All questions about immunizations should be directed to Student Health Services. If you still have questions after thoroughly reviewing their website, the immunization coordinator can be reached at email@example.com
Note: Early College Programs staff will check immunization holds once per day Monday-Friday.
Step 5 - Complete the Dual Enrollment Incoming Student FormToggle More Info
The incoming student form allows the academic advisors in Exploratory Advising to collect some information from you prior to your advising appointment. The form will ask questions about your intended major, previous college level coursework (AP, IB, AICE, and/or FSW dual enrollment courses), as well some basic information about the types of courses you are interested in and any scheduling restrictions you have. You will receive the Incoming Student Form link at your Eagle eMail account once your immunization documentation has been processed and your Immunization Hold has been removed.
- Please allow 30 minutes to complete the form and plan to use a computer or tablet to complete it. Cell phones do not always allow the best experience. You should also have any AP/IB/AICE/FSW class, grade, and test score information readily available before you begin the survey.
- You must complete and submit the Incoming Student Form before you will be permitted to schedule your advising appointment.
- The advising appointment scheduling link will appear on the Incoming Student Form submission completion page as soon as you submit the form. Please make sure to review step 6 below prior to clicking the link to schedule your appointment.
Note: Early College Programs staff will check immunization holds once per day Monday-Friday.
Step 6 - Schedule & Complete an Academic Advising AppointmentToggle More Info
FGCU course registration for your initial semester with the ACE Program is facilitated through the academic advisors in the Exploratory Advising Office. The academic advisors are highly skilled in assisting students with class selection, major and career options, and campus resources. The Collegiate Academy team works very closely with the Exploratory Advisors to make sure you are set up for success. Collegiate Academy students must meet with an Exploratory Advisor at least once per semester to gain registration clearance for the next term.
- The advising appointment scheduling link will appear on the Incoming Student Form submission completion page as soon as you submit the form. Please make sure to click the link to schedule your appointment.
- We highly recommend that you schedule an in-person appointment, but virtual appointments are also available. When you click the scheduling link, you will select "ACE Program/Collegiate Academy" from the drop down menu. If you would like a virtual appointment, please select "ACE Program/Collegiate Academy - Virtual Appointment Only" from the drop down menu.
- You are able to select any Exploratory Advisor to meet with. You can toggle between advisors to find the best meeting day/time and format (virtual or in-person) for you. Once you select the advisor, day, and time, you will be prompted to log in using your Eagle Access information. The appointment is officially scheduled and confirmed after you log in and receive a confirmation screen. You should also receive an appointment confirmation e-mail.
- If you choose a virtual appointment (hosted via Microsoft Teams), be sure to carefully review the additional information/instructions about accessing Microsoft Teams located here: https://www.fgcu.edu/its/teams#MSTeamsGettingStarted. Our expectation is that your camera is on for your virtual appointment. In-person appointments will take place on the FGCU campus in the Career and Exploratory Advising Services building. Click here to access a campus map and zoom in to see the building names: https://www.fgcu.edu/campusmap/
- Your Exploratory Advisor will facilitate the scheduled appointment with you to discuss your Incoming Student Form, major plans, the FGCU General Education program, course options for fall semester, and get to know you better. The academic advisor will then register you for your fall semester courses within 48 hours of your appointment. You will receive a follow-up e-mail with instructions to view your fall schedule.
- While parents are welcome to sit in on this first advising appointment, our expectation is that the student facilitates the conversation directly with the advisor. Parents should serve only as an observer. Parents are also not required to attend the advising appointment - it's ok to give your child the space to complete it on their own.
Step 7 - Register for OrientationToggle More InfoAttendance at an FGCU Collegiate Academy Orientation Session is a condition of your admission and all students must attend with at least one parent, guardian, or responsible adult over the age of 21.
- An email with a link to register for Orientation will be sent to your Eagle eMail account in mid-June. There is a $50 non-refundable orientation fee ($50 includes student and parent) that must be paid at the time of orientation sign-up with a credit or debit card. Orientation sign-up must be completed by June 30, 2022.
- Orientation sessions will take place in August. Orientation sessions begin at 9:00am
and end at 5:00pm. The student and parent are expected to attend the entire day.
There will be multiple dates to choose from. Tentative Dates:
- August 4
- August 8
- August 11
- August 12
- August 16
- Detailed information about Orientation (what to expect, what to bring, etc.) along with a one-day parking pass will be sent to the student Eagle eMail one week prior to the selected orientation date.
Step 8 - Upload Your Eagle ID PhotoToggle More InfoYour Eagle ID is your official FGCU student identification. You will need your Eagle ID to access a variety of services on campus and you are expected to carry it with you at all times. Eagle ID photos are collected through an online system. Once you complete the photo upload and approval process, your ID will be given to you at your orientation session. Please review and complete the information and instructions provided in this document from the Eagle ID office: Eagle ID Instructions