No new students are being accepted at this time.
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Successful completion or testing out of:
- GER 1120C Beginning German 1(4)*
- GER 1121C Beginning German 2 (4)*
- GER 2220C Intermediate German 1 (4)*
- GER 2221C Intermediate German 2 (4)*
Successful completion of the following:
- GER 3300 Advanced German Composition (3)
- GER 3410 Advanced German Conversation (3)
Students who test out of required beginning or intermediate courses must select from the following courses to complete the required minimum of 17 hours. Students who do not test out of courses may also take elective courses in addition to the required courses.
- GER 1952 German Study Abroad (1-6)
- GET 2527 German Film in Translation (3)
- LIT 3144 Modern European Novel (3)
- EUH 3465 Nazi Germany (3)
- GER 4906 Independent Study in German (1-3)
*Required beginning and intermediate courses can be exempted by obtaining an equivalency through a German Placement Test (contact program faculty for access to this test). Determination of equivalency will be made by the program faculty on the basis of this test and an oral interview with program faculty in German. Students who place out of required beginning and intermediate courses must fulfill the credit requirement for the minor with elective courses from the given list. Native or heritage speakers of German may complete the minor but may not enroll in beginning courses.Catalog Year: 2019-2020
Total Semester Hours Required: 17-22 Hours