Students must meet with a college advisor/student success counselor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
Additional Graduation Requirements
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credits of the German Studies minor must be completed at FGCU.
- A minimum of 9 credit hours of the German Studies Minor must be from upper division (3000-4999 level) courses.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
- Students who successfully completed GER 2220C Intermediate German 1 or GER 2221C Intermediate German 2, will have either course apply as a substitution for GER XXXX Accelerated Interm. German.
Required Courses in the Minor
Complete the following:
GER 2210 Accelerated Interm. German (4)
Restricted Electives in the Minor
Complete 12 credits from the following:
CPO 3143 European Politics (3)
EUH 3241 Nazi Germany & the Holocaust (3)
EUH 4280 Europe in World War II (3)
GER 1120C Beginning German 1 (4)*
GER 1121C Beginning German 2 (4)*
GER 1952 German Study Abroad (1-6)
GER 3400 German Comp. & Conversation (3)
GER 4906 Independent Study in German (1-3)
GET 3527 German Film in Translation (3)
LIT 3144 Modern European Novel (3)
PHH 3500 Late Modern: Kant to Hegel (3)
WOH 4240 World War 1 (3)
*Students testing out of GER 1120C and/ or GER 1121C may not take those courses as electives. They must fulfill the credit requirement for the minor with other elective courses from the given list. Native speakers of German may complete the minor but may not enroll in beginning courses.Catalog Year: 2023-2024
Total Semester Hours Required: 16 Hours