- Submission of a FGCU Post-Baccalaureate Non-Degree Application to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution documented by official transcripts.
Applicants may apply for Fall or Spring admission. All of the courses are offered online. Applicable tuition and fees are required for all coursework.
Additional Graduation Requirements
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher must be achieved for credit hours applied toward the Local Government Management Certificate.
- A grade of "C" or higher is needed for each course applied toward the Local Government Management Certificate.
- Up to 15 credit hours earned by a student who has completed FGCU’s Local Government Management Certificate can be applied to the Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree. A grade of “B” or higher is required in a course for its credit hours to apply to the MPA degree.
Required Courses (6 credits)
PAD 6227 Public Budgeting (3)
PAD 6417 Public Personnel Administration (3)
Electives (9 credits) - Complete any three of the following courses
PAD 5041 Administrative Ethics (3)
PAD 5142 Management of Nonprofit Organizations (3)
PAD 5933 Proposal Writing & Grant Administration (3)
PAD 6136 Public Management in a Political Environment (3)
PAD 6205 Public Finance (3)
PAD 6335 Strategic Planning (3)
PAD 6434 Administrative Leadership (3)
PAD 6812 State and Local Politics & Administration (3)
PAD 6826 Intergovernmental Administration (3)
URP 5312 Growth Mgmt & Comp Planning (3)
Total Semester Hours Required: 15 Hours