Volunteer Grad Walk Guide
Thank you for signing up as a volunteer for Spring/Summer 2022 Grad Walk!
Please be sure to watch the training presentation.
All volunteers are required to read this training presentation.
View/Print the volunteer training slidesView/print volunteer job descriptions
Saturday Job Assignments Lunch Break Schedule Sunday Job Assignments
Parking and Arrival
- Volunteers should park in the back row of the lot in front of Alico Arena, closest to the Aquatics Center, or in the parking lot next to the tennis courts.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled shift to allow time for check-in.
- Khaki or dress pants (NO jeans)
- Polo or button-down shirt, ideally in FGCU blue or green
- Comfortable shoes
- Faculty/staff may wear business casual attire if desired
- For questions prior to the event, email University Events
- During the event, call 239-241-3571
- Student volunteers that need to register their time worked will be sent an email by the FGCU Service-Learning team with details and instruction. Please check your EagleMail account or clutter folder should you not see the message.
Check-in and Departure
- Check in at the Resolutions Table, which is located in front of Alico Arena to the
right side, behind the Registration Tables.
- You will receive an FGCU volunteer lanyard.
- Wear your FGCU volunteer lanyard for all shifts over the 2 day-event.
- Once checked in at the table, text your full name to Jutta (pronounced ‘Yootah’) Marka at 230-241-3571. She will meet you at the lobby entrance and take you to your assigned post.
- For First Morning Shifts, instead of calling Jutta Marka, wait at the resolutions table for event staff to take you to your assigned post.
- Please do not leave your assigned position until the next volunteer arrives to take your place, unless instructed otherwise. The schedules were planned with a 15-minute overlap to ensure a smooth transition between the volunteers and enough time to inform the new volunteer of any information they will need to know about the position.
- If the next volunteer scheduled is delayed and you must leave, call Jutta Marka.
- Turn in your lanyard to Jutta Marka or at the Resolutions Table at the end of each shift. If you are returning for later shifts, you will receive another lanyard to wear.