Our Residence Life Team is composed of full-time and student staff that are committed to developing strong communities and providing opportunities that enhance your residential experience. We accomplish this by:
Designing and implementing a wide range of programs and activities
Creating meaningful interactions between yourself and your fellow residents
Assisting with roommate agreements and conflict resolution
Enforcing rules and policies as outlined in the Community Guidebook
We strive to create an environment that supports the social and academic engagement of our residents. The FYRE program connects residents to peers, faculty, and campus partners to aid in a seamless and successful transition to Florida Gulf Coast University.
Components of the FYRE Program Include:
S’MORES aims create a cohesive and caring environment for sophomores and lower level transfer students in Osprey Hall. S’MORES aims to create a sense of belonging for all residents in the community, and build their connection to FGCU!
Components of the S’MORES Program Include:
- Program initiatives in Academics, Community Involvement, and Leadership
- Intentional connections with Career Exploration
- Large scale programs, S’MORES Nights, for students to engage with
As residential students of Florida Gulf Coast University, we are committed to a community where civility, integrity, and respect are integral components of the living and learning experience. As members of this community we aim to:
- Show respect, concern, and compassion for our neighbors
- Soar high above adversity, prejudice, and discrimination
- Hold each other accountable to community standards
- Challenge ourselves to be better citizens
- Take pride in our community
The Office of Housing and Residence Life at Florida Gulf Coast University recognizes the value in embracing and celebrating individual differences. As a community of learners, we seek to create an inclusive environment where all students are active participants in shaping the culture of our community. We accomplish this by:
- Promoting a set of community standards that encourage an understanding of what it means to live with and learn from others with varying perspectives;
- Designing a variety of programs and activities that encourage social, cultural, and intellectual engagement
- Committing ourselves to recruiting, hiring, and retaining a diverse staff.
Have you seen an act of civility on FGCU's campus? If so, nominate them for a prize by completing the following form.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life is committed to creating a campus community that is safe and conducive to a student’s academic success and expects all residents who reside and visit the residence halls to abide by the policies set forth for all students (Code of Conduct) and residential students (Community Guidebook):
Important and Relevant Forms:
- To report an incident to the University complete the Conduct Incident Reporting Form
- All submissions will be reviewed and processed according to the Student Code of Conduct.
If you have questions regarding the Office of Housing and Residence Life conduct process please email email@example.com