The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay for education expenses.Students must complete the FAFSA each year in order to determine eligibility for the program.
The rate of pay is at least the current federal minimum wage but can be higher depending on the type of work the student performs and the skills required. Students must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits for undergraduate/ 5 credits for graduate) in a degree-seeking program and must be meeting satisfactory academic progress to be eligible for the program.
To Check Your Eligibility
- Submit a FWS eligibility request (below).
- The Financial Aid office will reply via email to the student with eligibility information.
- Students must have a completed, official FAFSA in order to determine Federal Work Study (FWS) eligibility.
- Once FWS eligibility has been confirmed by the Financial Aid Office, the student may then pursue a FWS position.
- Confirmation of FWS eligibility does not guarantee the student a FWS position.
- For a list of available employment positions, students may log in at Eagle Career Network.
Eligibility for the 2022-23 academic year will begin in June.
Federal Work Study Information for Departments
Departments interested in hiring FWS students must submit their request through the Financial Aid website by completing the Federal Work Study Department Request Form. This form requires hiring managers to indicate the number of desired FWS positions for the 2022-2023 year. Federal Work Study Request forms will be sent out mid May.
The Office of Financial Aid will notify the final number of approved positions to each department that submitted a request. After this, departments may begin recruiting and identifying students for approved positions and submit EPAFs.
Submission of the Federal Work Study Request Form does not guarantee FWS positions.
Departments are responsible for advertising and recruiting for their FWS positions. Please view instructions on posting a position.