FGCU CERT Trainings
Here we have all of our upcoming training dates, times, locations, and details.
Please RSVP for all training events via the avalible links in the events below
Sign in and choose FGCU CERT at https://getinvolved.fgcu.edu/ or email email@example.com
CERT Basic Training Topics (UNITS 1 - 9)
- Fire Suppression - FGCU CERT Members are trained in fire science and suppression, giving them the knowledge and skills to classify and extinguish small fires in the absence of professional firefighters.
- Search and Rescue - Training includes techniques for organized search and rescue in lightly and moderately damaged structures. Proper training in search methodology, debris removal, victim location, and extraction can save lives during a disaster.
- Medical Operations- FGCU CERT Members receive basic First Aid training, which includes airway management, bleeding control, and more! After basic training, Team Members have the option to further their training and become a certified Emergency Medical Responder.
- Disaster Psychology – FGCU CERT Training contains content on psychological effects of disasters on both responders and victims. Students learn how to approach and comfort survivors and manage stress as a responder. Opportunities are available for further emergency mental health training.
- Advanced Training - FGCU CERT Members have access to advanced training offered by local, state, and federal levels of emergency management agencies. FEMA, the State of Florida, the American Red Cross, and other partner organizations offer our members many options for supplementary training in the field.
- Emergency Shelter Training – FGCU CERT Members are trained by Lee County Emergency Management to assist with emergency shelter operations on FGCU’s campus and elsewhere in the community.
Additional Training Options
|COURSE NUMBER||COURSE NAME||LINK|
|FEMA IS-317||Introduction to Community Emergency Response Teams||IS - 317|
|FEMA IS-100C||Introduction to the Incident Command System||IS-100|
|FEMA IS-200.B||ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents||IS-200.B|
|FEMA IS-700.B||An Introduction to the National Incident Managment System||IS-700.B|