Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website www.fgcu.edu/graduate or contact Graduate Studies at 239-590-7988 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for admission and additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
To apply for the Master of Science in Engineering (MSE) program, students must submit the documents and test scores noted below:
- Submit an FGCU Graduate Admissions Application and satisfy all applicable university admissions requirements.
- Official transcripts from an accredited institution showing completion of a baccalaureate degree or higher, with a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 credits of undergraduate work.
- Baccalaureate degree from a US regionally accredited university or college or foreign equivalent. Students with non-engineering bachelor’s degrees may have additional course requirements.
- A statement of objectives, clearly stating the intended concentration (2 pages maximum length).
- Provide three letters of recommendation attesting to the student’s potential for graduate studies in the student’s chosen field of study with at least one letter from an academic reference.
- A current resume.
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores with minimum scores of 145 verbal and 150 quantitative that were taken within the past 5 years. GRE scores are not required for applicants who obtained Baccalaureate in Engineering within the past 5 years with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants should be aware that admission into any graduate program is granted on a competitive basis. Applicants meeting minimum requirements may be denied admission based on such factors as program capacity or academic discretion. Likewise, applicants may be considered for admission as an exception if stated admissions criteria are not met.
Additional application requirements for international students:
- International applicants from countries where English is not the official language are required to submit official English proficiency test scores: TOEFL exam with a minimum score of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 80 internet-based; or IELTS exam with a minimum score of 6.5.
- All transcripts and proof of degree must be in English; international applicants must submit original language transcripts and a certified English translation. Documents signed by notary or other public officials with no affiliation to the educational institution issuing the documents will not be accepted.
For all graduate applicants the Office of Research and Graduate Studies (ORGS) offers transcript evaluations at no cost that provide U.S degree equivalence of foreign education for FGCU evaluation and admission purposes. The University reserves the right to request transcripts evaluated by one of the credential agencies. See the Graduate Admissions International Applicant Guide for more information.
Admissions to the MSE program are processed for the Fall and Spring semesters only. Visit the Admissions Office website for information on admission deadlines of the University