Honors Development Funds (HDF) support Honors students’ intellectual development by providing up to $2,000 to offset costs for:
- Traveling to professional conferences to present academic papers and posters
- Conducting academic research or projects
- Purchasing tangible items to support academic endeavors
- Honors coursework that involves costs outside of the regular course related fees
- Honors Thesis development
- *Study Abroad or Away opportunities
*Honors College Study Abroad/Away Development Grants are for students accepted to an approved FGCU Faculty-Led Study Abroad, FGCU Study Away, FGCU Exchange Program, Provider Program, or other U.S. University Study Abroad program. International volunteer or Internship grants will be considered if the travel can be closely connected to Honors coursework or research projects.
- Applicants must have an approved Travel Abroad/Away plan on file before applying;
- Applicants must complete the HDF Budget Form and include all other funding received;
- Apply by checking the appropriate box on the HDF application.
FGCU's new partner in England, Harlaxton College, the top-rated study abroad program in the U.S.
All students in good standing with the Honors College are eligible to apply for an HDF, and students must remain in good standing with the Honors College to receive funds. Funds can only support activities closely related to Honors College coursework; they cannot be used to pay membership dues, subscriptions, living expenses or tuition.
The Honors Development Board (HDB) will review each HDF request to determine funding according to the following criteria:
- How clearly the project supports the student’s intellectual development
- The strength of the applicant’s essay
- Availability of funds
- Number of applicants for available funds
The Honors College reserves the right to request two or more price quotes be obtained prior to purchase.