Environmental Studies BA
The environmental studies major is designed to prepare students for the rapidly expanding and dynamic possibilities for jobs related to the critical environmental issues facing our planet.
4 yr plan to graduation (Ecology) 4 yr plan to graduation (Enviro Ed) 4 yr plan to graduation (Water Resource)
Collaborate with our faculty to solve real world research questions.
Develop your scientific knowledge and skills and gain valuable experience in a chosen career through internships with our community partners.
In the Field
Not all of our classrooms are indoors.
Through integrated interdisciplinary learning experiences based in the classroom, in the laboratory, in the field, and off-campus, students will meet science goals shared by those in the natural sciences and will develop skills and experience in:
- The ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize information.
- The process of science, its application to developing public policy, and the ethical issues of this application.
- Effective communication and problem solving in professional settings and situations requiring collaborative teamwork.
- A systems perspective on environmental issues that includes the historical, cultural, economic, and ecological considerations.
- The ecosystems of Southwest Florida and the ability to apply this local knowledge to other regions of the globe.
- The application of the concept of sustainability.
Department ContactsMeet the Environmental Studies BA Faculty & Staff
- Ecology and Environmental Assessment Concentration
- Environmental Education Concentration
- Water Resources Science and Management Concentration
AccreditationToggle More Info
Admissions InformationToggle More Info
Program RequirementsToggle More Info
Curriculum MapToggle More Info
Course DescriptionToggle More Info
Course ScheduleToggle More Info
Learning OutcomesToggle More Info
Tuition, Fees, and Financial AssistanceToggle More Info