The Scholars Program provides assistance and enrichment opportunities for students who aspire to excel academically, develop leadership skills, exhibit citizenship, and serve their community and school.
Based on the principles of academic excellence, leadership, service, and citizenship, the Scholars Program is an honor society for 4th-16th grade students with a goal of developing a peer culture of success among its members. Activities focus on students who by virtue of their environment are at a disadvantage for achieving academic success when compared to the population at large and who are not challenged to achieve performance excellence through other programs or co-curricular activities. The FGCU Scholars Program, whose motto is “Shaping the Minds of the Future,” is a collaboration between the Office of Outreach Programs at Florida Gulf Coast University and schools and/or community organizations in Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, and Lee counties.
Announcements/ Upcoming Dates
If you are interested in completing an application for the College Reach Out Program (CROP) or the Scholars Program, please follow these steps:
- Check the eligibility criteria listed on this website
- Determine if you attend one of the program schools or agencies (list on this website)
- Print off the application and complete ALL parts
- Have parent or guardian sign and date the application
- Submit completed application and school transcript to the CROP or Scholars coordinator at your school or agency (If unsure of who that contact is, submit your application to the guidance counselor at your school.)
- You will be contacted by the email or phone number you list on your application, if we need further information.
To access the application please click on this HYPERLINK.
Para accesar la aplicación favor de hacer clic AQUI.
Congratulations Class of 2020
Coordinators and Advisors - If our students have done anything you would like to share with others, please let Carolyn Greene know so that she can publish it in the monthly newsletter.