The FAFSA is always a FREE application
You do not need to pay any money to complete a FAFSA! If you are asked to make a payment to complete the FAFSA then you are on the wrong site and should go directly to studentaid.gov
To qualify for federal student financial aid, the student must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be registered with the selective service system, if required.
- Not be in default on a federal student loan, or owe a repayment of a federal student grant receive at any institution.
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking student in an eligible program of study, and
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
Note - Eligibility requirements may vary depending on each financial aid program.
Filing Your FAFSA: 5 Easy Steps
Step 1Toggle More Info
Step 2Toggle More Info
Step 3Toggle More Info
Step 4Toggle More Info
Step 5Toggle More Info