Reserving a table to distribute information
FGCU has a number of opportunities to distribute information, with the most common method being reserving a table in the most popular locations on campus that attract the most student traffic. There are some rules to follow, however. So, please read the information below, and contact our office if you have any questions.
Outside/ Private Organizations
- If you are looking to solicit or distribute information about your business, a table reservation is required
- An outside organization is always required to fill out a Business Information Application each time you are looking to reserve a table or distribute information on campus
- Outside organizations are NOT allowed to distribute information inside of housing facilities, dining facilities, classrooms, and any other indoor locations on campus
- Outside organizations are NOT allowed to sell food on campus as the University has an exclusive contract for food sales with Chartwells
- Outside organizations are only allowed to serve food on campus if they are providing catering for a specific event. If an outside organization is providing catering, they must have an approved Business Information Application
- For a fee, outside organizations are able to conduct sales at a table reservation
as long as the item they are selling:
- 1) Is not a food item;
- 2) Is not a violation of a University contract; and
- 3) Does not violate any local, state, or federal laws
Completed Business Information Applications can be sent to the Department of Campus Reservations for approval
Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
All Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) must email the Campus Reservations Room Scheduler (email@example.com) in order to reserve a table on campus.
The following procedures must be followed by all RSOs:
- Not allowed in the Zones (1-4)
- Only allowed on the Student Plaza from 11:30am-1:30pm and after 5:00pm
- Not allowed on the Library Lawn unless you have a reservation for the Veterans Pavilion and Section 4
- Not allowed at a table where your organization is collecting monetary donations
- Restaurant must never be in conflict of or violates a University contract
Outside Organization Involvement
- Outside Organizations distributing information at a table reserved by a Registered Student Organization (RSO) must fill out a Business Information Application
*All event details are required to be submitted at least 14 days in advance to the assigned Campus Reservations Event Planner*
What should I do if I want to reserve a table?
Student Organizations should contact the Room Scheduler using the How To Reserve a Space Document.
Outside Organizations need to fill out the Business Information Application and scan then email or fax it to the Room Scheduler.
Room Scheduler Contact Information
Cohen Student Union Suite 145