Graduate Studies Faculty Resources
An updated version of Adobe Reader is required to fully use the forms on both PC and Mac. You may download this free application from Adobe's Website.
Important Forms and Documents
- Graduate Assistantship Request - Guidelines below:
- To be completed by campus entities outside the graduate program unit for approval prior to hire
- Full time students taking a 9-9 load (Fall-Spring) should be matched to an assistantship equivalent to 20 hours/week. This may be teaching or research. For teaching, this is equivalent to two 3 cr. hr. courses as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, or teaching up to 6 cr. hr. of introductory courses as a Graduate Teaching Associate (the instructor of record) for each semester that support is requested. Students enrolled in their final semester may be considered for a one-time Graduate Assistantship that semester if enrolled in less than 9 cr. hr.
- Part time students taking a 6-6 load (Fall-Spring) should have support in the amount of 10 hours/week for each semester that support is requested. This may be teaching or research.
- Students with less than 6 hours are not typically eligible for an assistantship. Students with fewer than 6 hours a semester may, under unusual circumstances, be eligible for an assistantship if requested by the program with a thorough justification. This must be approved by Graduate Studies.
- Request to Approve Exception to Minimum University Requirements for Graduate Admission
- Transfer Equivalency Worksheet
- BDM Request Form
- Guidelines on Graduate Faculty Appointment Functions
- Standard Operating Procedure- Graduate Assistantships
- Standard Operating Procedure - Graduate Tuiton Waivers