We are delighted to welcome parents, family, and guests to Florida Gulf Coast University commencement to honor our graduates!
This information will serve as a guide to both candidates and guests, as no rehearsal is conducted.
2019 Commencement Ceremonies
Summer Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, August 3, 2019
Florida Gulf Coast University - Alico Arena
- Apply to Graduate via Gulfline starts on December 15, 2018. Deadline is April 15, 2019 at 5 p.m. Applying to graduate instructions.
- Required RSVP starts on May 20, 2019 at 10 a.m. and ends on June 7, 2019 at 5 p.m. RSVP can only be completed via Gulfline.
- Tickets will be available for pick-up at the Alico Arena Box Office, Monday- Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., July 18 through July 26, 2019. If available, unclaimed ticket pickup will begin Monday, July 29 through Friday, August 2 or until unclaimed ticket supply is exhausted. Unclaimed tickets are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Additional dates and deadlines for Summer commencement.
Fall Commencement Ceremonies
Sunday, December 15th, 2019 (tentative, time TBD)
Florida Gulf Coast University - Alico Arena
- Apply to Graduate via Gulfline starts on December 15, 2018. Deadline is Monday, April 15, 2019 at 5 p.m. Applying to graduate instructions.
- Required RSVP starts on September 3, 2019 at 10 a.m. and ends on September 23, 2019 at 5 p.m. RSVP can only be completed via Gulfline.
- Tickets will be available for pick-up at the Alico Arena Box Office, Monday- Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., November 5, 2019 through December 6, 2019. If available, unclaimed ticket pickup will begin Monday, December 9th through Friday, December 13th or until unclaimed ticket supply is exhausted. Unclaimed tickets are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Additional dates and deadlines for Fall commencement.
Graduating Seniors - Don't Forget:
Remember not to (G)litter our campus. Glitter is plastic and does not break down
in the environment. We appreciate how much you love our campus and know you have
no intention of harming our environment or wildlife. However, birds, turtles, and
fish may see glitter as food and whatever ends up on the ground eventually washes
out to our wetlands and the Gulf. There are several eco-glitters (compostable or
organic) on the market, ecofetti, small flowers/petals, other photo props or an app
to add bling to your photos. Be creative, be beautiful, and leave our campus glitter
Please update your contact information so we can share information after graduation.
*Updating your information through the Alumni office does not automatically update your information through the Registrar’s office. Obtain a Change of Address and/or Change of Name Form on the Registrar’s website.
Please review your tickets for the correct time when picking them up at the Alico Arena Box Office. Tickets can not be used for any other ceremony that day. Students can only pick up their reserved guest tickets. Graduating students can pick up a limited number of any unclaimed tickets at the Alico Arena Box Office April 29th -Friday, May 3rd or until unclaimed ticket supply is exhausted (first-come, first-serve). The Box Office will not be open on Commencement day.
Graduation and Commencement are two separate functions, and have separate applications. You must apply to graduate in order to receive your degree and diploma; however you do not
have to physically attend the Commencement ceremony. If you do plan on attending the
Spring, Summer or Fall Commencement, you must apply via GULFLINE by the semester's
deadlines noted above under 'Important Deadlines'.
Because of growing demand and limited space, it is necessary to strictly adhere to deadlines concerning participation in FGCU Commencements. Your cooperation is needed to ensure you do not miss this opportunity!
TO: All attendees of the graduation ceremonies
Florida Gulf Coast University congratulate all graduating seniors. We want this commencement to be a very proud, memorable, and pleasant occasion for all attendees, including graduates, family and friends.
We have been advised that some among our graduates have allergic reactions to latex and strong chemical fragrances. Therefore, in an effort to provide the most comfortable experience for all participants and guests, we also ask that attendees refrain from the use of latex and scented fragrances during the Commencement ceremonies. Alico Arena currently has a policy prohibiting balloons in the arena and will not allow them to be brought into the arena for the commencement ceremony.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Need Special Assistance? Please be advised that accessible seating is limited. Alico Arena provides accommodations for those individuals with disabilities including elevators, accessible seating, and accessible restrooms. Accessible seating is available at all FGCU venues in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. ADA seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis and we request that out of respect for other guests, please limit to one companion seat. If you need the use of a wheelchair we recommend that you bring one with you. Pick-up and drop off at the front of the arena is available before and after the ceremony. Parking map and detail information.
- Cap and Gown. For further information on Cap and Gowns please visit the FGCU Bookstore webpage (Check the bottom of the page for announcements and instructions.
- Alumni Information