The Grant-in-Aid Educational Leave Program provides paid educational leave to eligible employees pursuing Associates, Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degrees.
The program supports the development and retention of high-performing, qualified faculty and staff, and Florida Gulf Coast University's commitment to diversity. Contingent upon funding, a total of up to four awards may be given annually. The recipients may choose to use full-time leave for one semester, or part-time leave for two semesters. Support Personnel (SP), Administrative/Professional (AP), and Faculty are eligible.
Eligibility requirements and selection criteria
- Grant-in-Aid applicants must have at least two years of satisfactory performance in a permanent or continuing full-time position prior to the beginning of the academic year in which the grant will be awarded.
- Recipients agree to continue employment with Florida Gulf Coast University for one calendar year after completion of the program. If employment is not continued, a prorated amount of the funding received under the program must be returned to Florida Gulf Coast University.
- Applicants must be pursuing an Associates, Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Applicants will be evaluated on specific criteria:
- Contribution to the University's diversity goals
- Benefit to the University
- Personal statement
- Anticipated completion date of the degree
- Career and educational enhancement
- Length of service to Florida Gulf Coast University
- Academic record
If a recipient would like to apply for a second award, they must satisfy the one-year employment requirement prior to receiving a second award.
Please view/print/download application for 2022-2023:
Download Application NOW
Paid Educational Leave
When full-time leave is granted, the employee will receive their full salary. The award recipient is required to carry a full-time course load but does not have to perform any work related duties at FGCU. When half-time leave is granted, the employee will receive their full salary. The award recipient is required to work half-time and carry a half time course load. At the doctorate level, satisfactory progress toward the degree is required.
Deadline: Monday February 28th, 2022 at noon