Summer Camps 2021 COVID-19 Guidelines
Summer camps are allowed on FGCU’s campus from Tuesday, June 1st through Sunday, August 1st, 2021 as long as the conditions below are met. However, the use of on-campus facilities may be cancelled or rescheduled if there are Federal, State, or University guidelines addressing the COVID-19 pandemic as the health and safety of all those on campus is paramount.
- Camps must be FGCU affiliated. FGCU affiliated camps include any camp under the requisite, institutional athletic, and independent athletic camp classifications. Camps managed by an outside organization will not be able to take place at FGCU during the Summer of 2021.
- Camps must operate as day camps only during the Summer of 2021. Camps with overnight stays (both on and off-campus) will not be permitted throughout the duration of Summer 2021.
- Camp organizers and participants must follow all location capacity and social distancing guidelines of each individual location that will be utilized.
- All food consumed during a camp must be individually packaged and/or served by a licensed catering vendor. There will be limited dining options provided by the FGCU dining vendor throughout the Summer of 2021.
- All camp participants and camp organizers will be required to follow all of the FGCU
Health and Safety Guidelines which include:
- Wearing a mask at all times unless eating or participating in an athletic activity that does not allow it.
- Complete a daily health screening.
- Any camp attendees showing any illness or COVID-19 symptoms must stay home and not participate in the camp.
- Any camp attendees showing any illness or COVID-19 symptoms while participating in the camp must be removed from the camp.
- All Summer camp personnel 18 years and older that provide care for the camp participants
are encouraged to take a PCR COVID-19 test within 5 days of each camp’s start date.
- PCR tests will be made available to FGCU camp organizers at no cost by Emergency Management.
- Camp organizers are required to immediately notify FGCU’s Emergency Management department
(firstname.lastname@example.org) of any campers or camp organizers that test positive for COVID-19.
- FGCU may request that the camp limit or cease operations based on levels of COVID-19 positive cases and close contacts.
- All camps must follow the approved COVID-19 Event Guidelines that are listed on the Campus Conference Programs home page. The COVID-19 Guidelines will also be shared with each camp organizer by the Department of Campus Conference Programs.
- All day camps taking place at FGCU must follow the normal camp compliance guidelines
that are available on the Campus Conference Programs website.
- Compliance requirements include: Memorandum of Understanding/ Facilities Use Agreement, Background Screenings, Waivers, Campers Insurance, and Cash Handling Procedures. These can also be found on the Campus Conference Programs website here.
- Virtual camps will be permitted from May 10th through August 1st, 2021 as long as they follow the designated guidelines that are available through the Department of Campus Conference Programs. Virtual Camp Guidelines will also be shared with the virtual camp organizer by the Department of Campus Conference Programs.