Student Application Form
The School of Resort & Hospitality Management at Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) will be hosting Hospitality Business Academy June 9th–13th, 2024.
This program is designed to expose high school students, who are interested in a career in hospitality, to the various aspects of the industry and university life. Students will spend overnights in FGCU dorms and local hotels. During the day, students will participate in various educational activities. This will include visits to hospitality businesses and guest speakers from the SWFL market. Faculty/Staff and Resort & Hospitality Management students will supervise all events.
- There is a $200 camp fee charge for students upon acceptance into the program.
- Students must be at least 16 years old and presently a sophomore or junior (incoming junior and seniors for school year 2024-2025).
- Students must be recommended by their teacher and/or their guidance counselor.
- Final applications are due by Friday, April 1, 2024.
- Applicants will be chosen by the FGCU RHM Selection Committee based on an essay and a virtual interview.
- The accepted participants will be notified on or before 30 days of receipt of application.