Get Paid to Make a Difference!
Current Job Opportunities with the Office of Service-Learning & Civic Engagement:
Job title: Guided Service Trip Leader
Job Description: The primary purpose of this position is to lead students in meaningful service-learning opportunities with the goal of empowering students to engage in service regularly on their own. Trip Leaders will also support office-wide programs and events on a regular basis. This position reports to the Service-Learning & Civic Engagement Coordinator.
- Lead service-learning trips with fellow FGCU students out in the community on a weekly basis (must have your own transportation).
- Facilitate a guided reflection at each service-learning trip.
- Walk participants through the Eagle Service Network submission process.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with community partner organizations and student participants.
- Represent the Office of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement as a student leader and foster relationships with students, faculty, staff, and community partners.
- Attend all department events to help with setup, logistics, and cleanup (unless in class or have approved scheduled time off for prior commitment).
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a vehicle.
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking student at Florida Gulf Coast University at the time of hire and throughout the appointment.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be in good conduct standing with the University.
- Must have at least two four-hour time blocks available per week to lead trips.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to supervision, guidance, and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s views of the world, personalities, and working styles.
Pay: $12.00 per hour
Hours per week: 8-10
Location: Various community partner locations in the community and occasional on-campus events/office hours.
Start Date: January 2024 (training starts Fall 2023)
End Date: Open
Application: APPLY HERE