Next Steps for Admitted Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Florida Gulf Coast University! Now that you are admitted, please follow these “Next Steps” to fully transition to our campus community.
Residency classification is a state-mandated requirement that must be submitted upon admission. Please log into your Future Eagle Account to complete the residency form. Click the "View" link in the Action column next to your submitted application to view your list of supplemental items. You can then click on "Start" for the Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes Form.
2. EmailClaim your student account at the My Account website by clicking the “Claim Your Account” link located in the “New to FGCU or Enroll” section. Get directions to claiming your account at the Accessing Your Eagle Access Account for the First Time (Claim Your Account) webpage. You will need your University Identification Number (UIN) that is included in an email sent to your personal email account from FGCU. Please note: it is FGCU policy that the EagleMail address is the only designated primary email address for all university communications after registration has occurred. If you need assistance with Eagle Mail, contact the Help Desk via email or call (239) 590-1188.
We use the Canvas learning management system for online, hybrid and on-campus classes. Your login information for Canvas is your EagleMail address and password. You will log into Canvas to complete two online trainings and your orientation. Also, you will be able to access your class pages once your instructors activate them. Complete the student demonstration course on the website to learn more. Questions can be directed to FGCU Technology Support via email or by calling 239-590-1188.
4. Graduate Orientation
All newly admitted doctoral and master’s students will complete an online orientation.
All graduate students in campus-based programs must submit proof of immunizations. Students in completely online graduate programs are exempt from submitting the required immunizations. If at any time you change your course mode of delivery from online to campus, proof of immunizations is also required. Please go to our Student Health Services page to complete this requirement.
Gulfline is FGCU's convenient online student system that will allow you to register for classes, pay tuition, check class schedules, review grades, register vehicles. To log into Gulfline, you will need your email and password. Tuition statements and final grades are provided through Gulfline — they will not be mailed to you. For Gulfline assistance, contact the Office of the Registrar via email or by calling 239-590-7980.
Once you have completed the mandatory training and orientation in Canvas and have submitted any necessary documents to Student Health Services, you should be able to register for classes. If for some reason you cannot, check Gulfline to see if there are any holds on your account. Once you are logged in, go to the student section, select "Student Records" and select "View Holds."
8. Course Registration
Degree-seeking and certificate students: Register on Gulfline or with the assistance of your program advisor/coordinator.
Post-baccalaureate non-degree students: Graduate Admissions does not register students for classes. If you are not able to register, find the appropriate contact and provide your name, UIN and the course CRN.
9. Get Your Eagle ID
You can replace your former ID with the new Eagle ID! Your identification card is your gateway to programs and services at FGCU. This also serves as your library card. Complete the process online at the Eagle ID office.
- View Campus Map
- Get your Eagle ID: All students need one, even if you are a Distance Learner, to access various campus services (i.e. Library).
- Get your Parking Permit: All students should have a parking pass, even if you will only be on campus a few times during the semester.
- Sign up for Campus Alerts through the FGCU University Police Department.
- Bookmark the FGCU Emergency Management page for information regarding campus closures and other updates.