Project Request or Software/Hardware Purchase Request
Submitting a Project Request
A project request to Information Technology Services (ITS) is the first step to initiate a “technology as a service” endeavor that has a defined scope and is conducted within a specific timeline to accomplish a specific goal, such as to solve a business problem. Examples of projects include:
- Implementing or integrating a new system or application
- Adding new functionality to an existing FGCU system
Projects are a collaboration between ITS and other departments and MUST have at least
one business owner assigned who can identify the functional requirements and success
factors. Both groups are responsible for the success of the project. Projects must
have the approval of the dean or VP of the initiating or impacted division or school
before commencing work.
If your request does NOT meet the above criteria for a project, please submit a ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use your FGCU email address (all lowercase) and password to log into the project management system. To access the system go here: Project Management Request System
- Select a Request Type – FGCU Project Request
- Complete as much information as possible before submitting the request
- If you are unable to complete the request initially, you may return to the request and complete it later.
- You will receive status update emails as your request progresses through the process
When a project request is submitted, ITS will:
- Review the request and submit for VP approval
- Schedule a meeting to collect additional technical information (Approximately 3 weeks)
- Review all technical information to determine project viability (2-4 weeks)
- Coordinate with VPs to prioritize project against other university initiatives
Submitting a Software/Hardware Purchase Request
A software/hardware request to Information Technology Services (ITS) involves the purchase of a new software/hardware product for one or more business units of the university. ITS activities for software/hardware requests may require but are not limited to the following:
- Review of technical requirement
- Installation and configuration of software to personal desktop/mobile device
- Installation and configuration of the hardware system
- Integration of the hardware system/software application into the university network
- Authentication methods
- Interface/integration with FGCU systems, such as Banner
- Reporting needs
Even if the business unit already identified the solution and the funding is available, there are functional, technical and support issues to consider before the purchase of the software/hardware take place. A software/hardware request may require approval of the dean or VP of the business unit.
To access the request form, go here: Software/Hardware Purchase Request Form
- If you are prompted to log in, enter your full FGCU email address and network password. This is the same login screen used to access Webmail/Office 365.
- Fill out the form completely and submit. It is not be possible to return and finish at a later time.
- Download and/or print the “Purchase Request Form” to facilitate information collection prior to completing the form.
When a Software/Hardware Purchase Request is submitted, ITS will:
- Review the request and may contact you for additional information, suggestions for alternatives, or issues with the request
- Approve/deny the request for Procurement processing.
For requests that do not fall into this category, or if you are uncertain, please submit your request as a ticket via email@example.com.