Faculty & Staff Technology Support
Browse the technology resources you have at your fingertips
Receive Support from the ITS Help Desk When NeededToggle More Info
- Skip the queue and be your own Help Desk with the ITS Knowledge Base
- Email our staff firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (239) 590-1188
- We have Help Desk staff available to assist Monday - Friday 7:00 am to 11:00 pm and Saturdays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- You can leave a voicemail during non-business hours
- Visit us in person BHG - 252
- Submit a request via our Request Site
Manage Your FGCU Eagle A ccount (i.e. password reset)Toggle More Info
To manage your account, use the password reset portal; enroll in the portal as soon as possible to enable password reset ability without the need to contact the University Help Desk for assistance.
What does my FGCU account give me access to?Toggle More Info
Your FGCU account provides access to many FGCU resources and services. With your FGCU account information, you can:
- Access email from any device and location with an Internet connection
- Utilize Microsoft Services such as OneDrive, Teams, Office Online, and many others
- Download Microsoft Office 365 (see Webmail instructions and personal device instructions) on your personal computer(s)
- Access to systems such as:
- Log into any computer on campus
- Access FGCU network resources such as:
- Personal file storage (W: drive)
- FGCU’s private WiFi network
- Network printers
- ITS trainings
What should I do if I receive a suspicious email?Toggle More Info
Any time you receive a suspicious email, do not reply or click any links in the message; just delete it. If you need help determining if the message is malicious, forward it to the University Help Desk at mailto:email@example.com
What should I do if I think my FGCU Eagle account has been compromised, i.e. someone else knows my password?Toggle More Info
If you believe your FGCU account has been compromised in any way, please change your password immediately, and contact the University Help Desk.
Visit ITS Knowledge Base > What to Do If Hacked or Suspect You Were to learn more.
How do I set up my voicemail?Toggle More Info
Voicemail is provided to both faculty and administrative staff. It is the responsibility of the owner to initialize their mailbox when it is assigned and to keep it secure. Mailbox initialization consists minimally of recording the mailbox owner's name and changing the default password. A system tutorial steps the user through this process.
To access the modular messaging system and the system tutorial, dial the main voicemail number for the campus and follow the system prompts. Detailed instructions for mailbox initialization, or any other voicemail function, can be obtained by contacting the Help Desk at x1188.
From on campus
From off campus
Voicemail passwords are to be kept confidential. If a password is suspected of being compromised, it should be changed immediately. Additionally, if a password is forgotten, the Department of Telecommunications should be contacted so the password can be reset.
To access voicemail settings, visit ITS Knowledge Base > Accessing Voicemail Remotely.
Classroom/Event Technology RequestToggle More Info
For a list of technology for checkout, an event, or for a class, please visit the event/equipment request website.
Work Remotely or Off CampusToggle More Info
Need access to FGCU resources, email, network shares, and various web pages and computers while off-campus? Options for VPN connections, email, and mobile devices can be found from the Connecting Remotely page.
Want faster WiFi (now up to 20 Megabit!)?Toggle More Info
Connect your wireless device to eduroam, a secure, world-wide service that allows you to obtain wireless connectivity across our campus and at other participating institutions by using your FGCU login credentials. More information is available in the eduroam instruction page.
Software AvailabilityToggle More Info
To check what software is available in classrooms and for your FGCU device, please visit the ITS Website > Software Availability List
- Need extra software? Install requests are required by any faculty or staff member that needs a software application available in a classroom, lab, or office. For more information, visit the Software Install Request page, which also includes AppsAnywhere that is a software delivery method using an app store where faculty, staff, and students can access and use their software from any Windows computer.
Conference Room TechnologyToggle More Info
FGCU conference rooms enable in person & virtual meetings. Refer to the ITS Knowledge Base > Conference Room Technology Quick Reference Guide to learn more.
Qualtrics Survey Creation SystemToggle More Info
FGCU uses Qualtrics for survey creation. Visit ITS Knowledge Base > Qualtrics to learn more.
Classroom Podium TechnologyToggle More Info
FGCU classrooms provide podium technology. Review the Classroom Podium Quick Reference Guides (AMX & Creston) & (updated rooms Crestron-Digital) to learn more.
Classroom Lecture Capture allows you to stream and record your classes using Microsoft Teams, Canvas Conferences, or Zoom. For more information on using this classroom technology with Microsoft Teams, please visit the ITS Knowledge Base. Contact Digital Learning for guidance and support with the use of Lecture Capture recordings in your Canvas course. Register for Individual Training
Email Your Class with ONE Easy Distribution ListToggle More Info
CRN Distribution Lists can be used by faculty to email everyone in a specific class. These lists are generated approximately three weeks before classes start and are valid for that semester only.
The prefix for all CRN lists is “crn” followed by the course code and term, using a 01 for Spring, 05 for Summer, and 08 for Fall.
“crn” + course code + Term
Use the CRN address in the “To” field, create your email as usual, and send; each member of the class will receive your message. To learn more: ITS Knowledge Base > Send email to your CRN
Canvas and Video ContentToggle More Info
Need to store video content in Canvas? Check out the Canvas & Kaltura Training
Canvas Submit Grades enables faculty to submit Final Grades from Canvas directly to Gulfline! For instructions and important information on using the Submit Grades tool, please review the following information prior to use: ITS Knowledge Base > Canvas Submit Grades User Guide
FasTrack is available within every Canvas course, FasTrack is a referral process developed by FGCU to assist faculty with notifying student support units of students with coursework performance and attendance concerns. After a FasTrack notice is submitted, notifications are routed to the correct support unit. Watch this brief video for information on accessing and using FasTrack.
HiPerGator AI - Access to the fastest artificial intelligence supercomputer in higher educationToggle More Info
FGCU is partnered with the University of Florida to provide faculty and students with unparalleled computing power to improve lives, bolster industry, and create economic growth across our state. The possibilities are endless when applied to instruction, research, and course development. Please contact the University Help Desk to learn more.
Through the use of this supercomputer, the top three benefits include:
- 6,600+ software applications available (click for a complete listing)
- Pricing at cost compared to other cloud-based providers! (click for service rates)
- Fast connection speeds and ample storage capacities
To get started, access the University of Florida HiPerGator website.
Gartner Research and Services - Research and analysis services at your fingertipsToggle More Info
Gartner is a leading information technology and consulting firm providing research and analysis services to inform and support decision-making in higher education and other industry sectors.
Gartner Campus Access is a faster, smarter way to research, enriching the learning experience by allowing students and faculty to tap into real-life examples of technology use, advances, and trends. Gartner services provided to faculty and students include:
- Advice on elevating curriculum with objective, real-world examples
- Access data substantiating research
- Best practices on new educational technology integration into the classroom
- Insight into IT industry trends, business issues, organizations, and strategies
- Access 1,900 Global Analysts = Experts in Everything IT
- Insight into technology used in your field of study
- Data to support class projects, papers, and presentations
- Relevant case studies and business issues
- Click here to access Gartner's services.
Cybersecurity Newsletter ArchiveToggle More Info
Bi-monthly cybersecurity tips to give you the leading edge when utilizing technology.
- Phishing - October 2021
- Password Security - January 2022
- Securing Your Virtual Meetings - March 2022
- Protecting Yourself Against Cyber Threats - May 2022
- Protecting Yourself When Internet Browsing - August 2022
- Using FGCU's Virtual Private Network (VPN) - December 2022
- Handling Restricted Data - February 2023
Powertivity Newsletter ArchiveToggle More Info
Bi-monthly tips to give you the leading edge when utilizing critical systems at FGCU.
- OneNote Quick Notes/Voicemail & Transferring a Call/Teams Live Captions/Outlook Converstion View - November 2021
- Optimizing Outlook - February 2022
- Integrating Outlook - April 2022
- Outlook Scheduling Assistant - July 2022
- eduroam - September 2022
- Optimize Screen Space with Windows Snap - November 2022
- Using FGCU's OneDrive - January 2023
University Help Desk: ITS Knowledge Base | firstname.lastname@example.org | 239-590-1188
Monday-Friday from 7am to 11pm and Saturdays from 8am to 5pm