The Religious Studies Minor provides students with an interdisciplinary 12-credit program of study focusing on the history, texts, figures, and cultures of the great world religions.
- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete 9 hours from the following:
- REL 2306 Contemporary World Religions (3)
- REL 3213 Hebrew Bible (3)
- REL 3241 New Testament (3)
- REL 3413 Seven Deadly Sins (3)
- REL 3930 ST: Religion (3) (may be repeated once)
- PHI 3720 Faith and Reason (3)
- IDS 3325 The Contemplative Life (3)
Complete 6 hours from the following:
- Any REL or PHI course from the list above*
- ANT 4241 Magic and Religion (3)
- CPO 3760 Religion & Politics (3)
- ENL 3220 Renaissance Lit/Culture (3)
- EUH 3122 Feudal Society, 1000-1400 (3)
- EUH 3142 Renaissance and Reformation (3)
- EUH 3241 Nazi Germany & The Holocaust (3)
- EUH 4124 The Crusades (3)
- EUH 4180 Age of Inquisitions (3)
- LIT 3662 Lit of Conquest & Exploration (3)
- PHH 3801 Self in Eastern Philosophy (3)
- PHM 3101 Philosophies of Liberation (3)
- PHP 3786 Existentialism (3)
*Courses used to satisfy one elective category cannot be used to satisfy another elective category.Catalog Year: 2022-2023
Total Semester Hours Required: 15 Hours