NEWS AND IMPORTANT POLICIES
1. In the semester you intend to graduate, do the following:
- You must apply to graduate online using the form available through Gulfline. Log into Gulfline, click on Student & Financial Aid. Then click on Student Records and select Prospective Graduation form.
- Complete your final Portfolio using the LiveText template and post it no later than two weeks before classes are completed. Inform your advisor when you are finished entering your Portfolio, and contact your advisor to set a time to present and defend your portfolios to the faculty.
- If for some reason you don't graduate, then you need to apply to graduate and register for at least one credit the following semester.
2. All candidates for graduation will complete their Learning Portfolios in LiveText using the template provided.
3. College of Education policy requires that all students purchase a one-time subscription to LiveText. This can be done at LiveText.com.
It is needed for student feedback on state standards and for our College of Education accreditation system. All classes will use LiveText to assess specific critical tasks.
4. You are required to complete a Planned Program of Study as soon as you are admitted to the program. See your advisor and use the link below.
Start your tour of the Educational Leadership Program here. For individuals who have general questions about the program in Educational Leadership, advising, and Florida Certification (for those who desire Florida Certification).
Can I take any courses before I am admitted?Toggle More Info
Do I need to get admitted even if I am just seeking administrator certification?Toggle More Info
If I already have a master's degree do I need to get another one in Educational Leadership to be certified?Toggle More Info
What do I do if I already have Educational Leadership Certification from another state?Toggle More Info
How do I get admitted to the program in Educational Leadership?Toggle More Info
Do I need teaching experience or teacher certification to be certified as an administrator in Florida?Toggle More Info
Will I be able qualified to be a principal after I complete the program and get certification?Toggle More Info
Do I have to take the Florida Educational Leadership Examination? If so, when can I take it?Toggle More Info
How do I get an advisor?Toggle More Info
How can I get quick information on all aspects of the program without talking to an advisor?Toggle More Info
Does FGCU confer certification in Educational Leadership?Toggle More Info
MAIN HANDBOOK LINKS
The following links comprise the main body of the Student Handbook that you may find useful as you advance through the program in Educational Leadership.
1. Student Information and Program Timelines: Specific information is provided in this link about new student advising, student responsibilities, and timelines for program completion.
2. Class Scheduling Information: The following links contain important information to assist students in planning their program.
Student Planned Program of Study: This form is required for all students. Your advisor will approve the plan when you have completed it. You are encouraged to set up an appointment to meet with your advisor about your plan.
Course Rotation Schedule: Click here to see which courses are offered each semester. Additional courses may be offered, so also check the FGCU schedule in Gulfline. For the most current course rotation schedule specific to the higher education area of focus view the MA Educational Leadership Higher Education Track Course Rotation.
3. Guide to the Internship in Educational Leadership: This link provides information for students and mentors to assist students in completing their practicum.
4. Portfolio Guidelines: This guide contains information for students to complete their final portfolio. Prior
to graduation, students must submit their portfolio in LiveText, and meet with designated
faculty members to respond to questions that may arise as a result of their portfolio
submissions. All candidates for graduation will have to complete their portfolios in LiveText using
the template provided.
5. Application to Graduate: you must print and complete this form during the first two weeks of the semester in which you intend to graduate. If you do not graduate in that semester, then you must complete it again in the next semester.
6. APA Resource links:
Our library website for Educational Leadership has additional links for APA assistance at: http://fgcu.libguides.com/ed_leadership
From Purdue University: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/