Whether you are a career-changer with a passion for teaching or a current teacher seeking to meet Florida State certification requirements, FGCU’s Teacher Immersion Program offers a unique and effective way for you to meet your professional goals.
Advantages of a state-approved Educator Preparation Institute
- Upon completion of the TIP program, you will be qualified to receive a 5-year Professional Educator’s Certificate from the Florida Department of Education.
- Certification through a state-approved program means greater portability relative to other certification routes, and certification is recognized by states which have teacher certification reciprocity with Florida.
- TIP completers will find their skills more marketable in a competitive job market.
The TIP Internship
- TIP allows candidates who may have limited or no teaching experience to spend time in a real K-12 classroom, developing lesson plans, working with students and assuming actual classroom responsibilities.
- TIP provides opportunity to work with a highly-qualified internship supervisor and a cooperating teacher in a local school district.
- TIP provides an excellent way for beginning teachers to make contacts in the local schools.
Teacher Immersion Program at FGCU
TIP Open House
Open House meetings are canceled due to COVID-19. PLease check back in August for new open house dates.