FGCU Day Volunteer Resource Center
Get details on volunteer roles, expectations and responsibilities
Volunteer assignment placement Map
All FGCU Day event volunteers must check in at Ben Hill Griffin Room 107/109 45 minutes before your scheduled time, unless directed by your event coordinator.
Students who will not be paid for the day and want Service-Learning hours MUST check in AND out in the Volunteer Headquarters in Ben Hill Griffin 107/109.
Volunteer Captains – 8:00 AM Arrival
Parking Greeters – 8:15 AM – 8:45 AM; placed and ready at your location by 9:00 AM
Games & The Great Lawn – 8:15 AM – 8:45 AM; placed and ready at your location by 9:45 AM
Event Activity – 8:15 AM – 8:45 AM; placed and ready at your location by 9:45 AM
Building/ Campus Greeters – 9:00 AM -9:30 AM; placed and ready at your location by 9:45 AM
Bus Stop Greeters – 9:00 AM -9:30 AM; placed and ready at your location by 9:45 AM
Neighborhood Tour Spots – 9:00 AM -9:30 AM; placed and ready at your location by 9:45 AM
Planning to Log Service Learning Hours
We encourage you to create a service-learning form in Eagle Service Network for approval before the event.
- You will need to log-in with your FGCU email and password.
- Click on the Service-Learning Forms tab on the left side of the page and click Add New. Below is all the information to enter in the form:
- Term: Spring 2022
- Experiential Learning Type: Service-Learning
- Name of the non-profit or government agency: FGCU Day
- Title of Experience: FGCU Day Volunteer
- Start and End date: February 12, 2022
- Description: Brief description of the specific areas and activities you helped with during FGCU Day.
- Supervisor Name: Service-Learning
- Supervisor Phone: (239) 590-7023
- Supervisor Email: email@example.com
Be sure to check-in and check-out when serving at FGCU Day. You will need to return to Eagle Service Network after the event and enter the exact amount of time you served. Once you track your hours, the Office of Service-Learning & Civic Engagement will verify your hours - please be patient.
If you need help filling out the form, check out our YouTube tutorial.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Service-Learning & Civic Engagement
at firstname.lastname@example.org or
239-590-7023, during regular business hours.
- Name badges/lanyards for individuals will be distributed on Saturday morning in the Volunteer Headquarters. If your event coordinator has requested his/her group's lanyard ahead of time those will be available for pick up on Thursday, February 10 from 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- All other volunteers will need to pick theirs up on Saturday morning.
- Everyone is expected to wear the provided FGCU Day Volunteer T-Shirt
- Khaki or dress pants (no jeans) Shorts are OK.
- Comfortable shoes
- Volunteer Lanyard
- Because we want our visitors to be able to park near our events, the main campus parking (inside the loop) will be reserved for visitors.
- Lots designated for volunteers are: Welcome Center, Campus Support Complex, SoVi Modulars, Alico Arena Auxiliary.
- During the event, contact your Neighborhood Captain who will troubleshoot for you.