Information Technology Services has implemented a Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) approval process for addition of all external tool integrations into Canvas. The approval process for each tool will include a review of Functionality, Accessibility, Security, Compliance with University policies, Cost and other factors. Be advised the review process could take several weeks.
- A Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI) is an external piece of software that can be plugged into the learning management system (Canvas) to extend its functionality
- Each LTI has a different license agreement, and different access to data from Canvas which involves a review process
- Submission deadline will be six weeks prior to start of semester to allow time for approvals
- Production installation is three times a year - targeted one week prior to start of semester (Fall, Spring, start of Summer)
- Please remember to submit LTI request well in advance of semester start date
When a LTI Request is submitted, ITS will:
- Review the request and may contact you for additional information, suggestions for alternatives, or issues with the request
- Approve/deny the request for Procurement processing.
For requests that do not fall into this category, or if you are uncertain, please submit your request as a ticket via email@example.com.