Software/Hardware Purchase Request
Submitting a Software/Hardware Purchase Request
A software/hardware request to Information Technology Services (ITS) involves the purchase of a new software/hardware product for one or more business units of the university. ITS activities for software/hardware requests may require but are not limited to the following:
- Review of technical requirement
- Installation and configuration of software to personal desktop/mobile device
- Installation and configuration of the hardware system
- Integration of the hardware system/software application into the university network
- Authentication methods
- Interface/integration with FGCU systems, such as Banner
- Reporting needs
Even if the business unit already identified the solution and the funding is available, there are functional, technical and support issues to consider before the purchase of the software/hardware take place. A software/hardware request may require approval of the dean or VP of the business unit.
To access the request form, go here: Software/Hardware Purchase Request Form
- If you are prompted to log in, enter your full FGCU email address and network password. This is the same login screen used to access Webmail/Office 365.
- Fill out the form completely and submit. It is not be possible to return and finish at a later time.
- Download and/or print the “Purchase Request Form” to facilitate information collection prior to completing the form.
When a Software/Hardware Purchase Request is submitted, ITS will:
- Review the request and may contact you for additional information, suggestions for alternatives, or issues with the request
- Approve/deny the request for Procurement processing.
For requests that do not fall into this category, or if you are uncertain, please submit your request as a ticket via firstname.lastname@example.org.