Software/Hardware Purchase Request
Submitting a Software/Hardware Purchase Request
A software/hardware request to Information Technology Services (ITS) involves the purchase of a new software/hardware product for one or more business units of the university. ITS activities for software/hardware requests may require but are not limited to the following:
- Review of technical requirement
- Installation and configuration of software to personal desktop/mobile device
- Installation and configuration of the hardware system
- Integration of the hardware system/software application into the university network
- Authentication methods
- Interface/integration with FGCU systems, such as Banner/Workday
- Reporting needs
Even if the business unit already identified the solution and the funding is available, there are functional, technical and support issues to consider before the purchase of the software/hardware take place. A software/hardware request may require approval of the dean or VP of the business unit.
This process is now part of Workday.
When a Software/Hardware Purchase Request is submitted, ITS will:
- Review the request for compliance with FGCU policies, such as the restricted data policy, and may contact you for additional information, suggestions for alternatives, or issues with the request
- Approve/deny the request for Procurement processing.
For requests that do not fall into this category, or if you are uncertain, please submit your request as a ticket via email@example.com.