Book Bytes Vlog - Episode 05
Book Title: UDL in the Cloud! : How to design and deliver online education using Universal Design for Learning
What is the topic?
Accessibility and equity in online courses.
Why the topic is important?
- Student success—support students in the margins
- It’s the law
- Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Title II Of the ADA Sections 504 & 508
- Inclusive community
- What you value, your students will value.
- Diverse perspectives enhance our learning by providing the rich color, pattern, and texture of lived lives. In our course, diversity is not just acknowledged but celebrated to bring deeper and broader understandings of the context of course content. We will construct knowledge together in this course and the more perspectives we engage, the more robust and meaningful our learning will be.
Who can use this information?
- Faculty and instructors teaching
Top 3 takeaways
- Fewer Barriers, more support
- Design and delivery
- Scaffolding time management
- How does UDL benefit all of the students in my course?
- What technologies can help me with UDL design and delivery?
- How do I know if it is working?
- Video book review by Diane Marks
- Online course checklist: Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology (DOIT)
- UDL Universe
- Canvas resources
- Microsoft Word resources
- Powerpoint resources
- Instructional Media
Faculty can read the entire eBook through the FGCU library.
UDL in the Cloud!: How to design and deliver online education using Universal Design for Learning