Frequently Asked Questions

Jump to Section:


  • Where is Office of Procurement Services located?

  • Who can I contact to add or update a vendor?

  • What is the University’s Sales Tax Exemption number?

  • Who can help me with Invoice and Payment questions?

  • Who can help me with PCard questions?

  • Do I still send all of my moving receipts to Procurement for reimbursement?

  • Why do we need to use the Substitute W-9 instead of the IRS form?


  • I need to add a new vendor to the system. What steps should I take?

  • What information is required for an Independent Contractor?

  • Are there special instructions for foreign individuals?

  • How can I add a new vendor or update information including a change of address to a vendor that is already in the system?

  • Which suppliers are considered foreign?

  • Where do I send my certificate of insurance information?


  • What is the purpose of doing a Competitive Solicitation?

  • What is the Competitive Solicitation threshold amount?

  • What are the four types of Competitive Solicitations?

  • Where can I find information on when a Competitive Solicitation opening is taking place?


  • How would I make sure my purchase order is sent to the correct vendor contact?

  • Who do I send my purchase requisition to?

  • I am purchasing IT hardware and/or software. What information is needed?

  • I am purchasing chemicals. Are there any special provisions or procedures that I need to follow?

  • I have a requisition for an individual instead of a business entity. What do I need?

  • I have a purchase requisition that can only be purchased from one source. What forms do I need to complete?

  Purchase Orders

  • I am not sure whether I need quotes or a bid/solicitation?

  • What should be done if a vendor objects to FGCU’s terms and conditions?

  • I need to make a change to a purchase order or cancel/close a purchase order. Who do I contact?

Contracts and Agreements

  • What is the process for Guest Speakers and Honorariums?

  • What is the process for Artists or Entertainers?

  • Where can I find information about current contracts?

  • How can I request a copy of a contract?

Accounts Payable

  • Why hasn’t my vendor been paid?

  • Why can’t a payment be made from a vendor’s statement?

  • Do I need to approve a Credit Memo?

  • Why was my invoice paid without my approval?

  • If I receive an invoice from A/P, do I need to inform them when I do not plan to pay it with a check through A/P?


  • When do I need a TAR?

  • Who's signature must be on my TAR?


  • Who is eligible to have a Procurement Card (P-Card) or Travel Card (T-Card)?

  • How do I obtain a Procurement Card (P-Card) or Travel Card (T-Card)?

  • How long does it take to get a Procurement Card (P-Card) or Travel Card (T-Card)?

  • What is the billing address and phone number for my Procurement (P-Card) or Travel Card (T-Card)?

  • What should I do if a transaction is declined?

  • What is a MCC code?

  • What should I do if my Procurement Card (P-Card) or Travel Card (T-Card) is lost or stolen?

  • What should I do if there is a charge that I did not make or BOA Commercial Credit Card Fraud Servicing sends me a Fraud Alert?

  • What are the spending limits on the Procurement Card (P-Card) or Travel Card (T-Card)?

  • What is splitting a transaction?

  • What should I do if I need to make an approved purchase for more than my Procurement Card (P-Card) or Travel Card (T-Card) spending limits?

  • Can I use my P-Card for University Travel?

  • Can I sign a contract or agreement for goods or services for Florida Gulf Coast University?

  • What do I do if I am charged sales tax?

  • What should I do if a transaction I made is not showing up in Workday?

  • Can another employee in my department use my Procurement Card (P-Card) or Travel Card (T-Card)?

  • What should I do if I am departing from FGCU or Transferring to another FGCU Department?