FGCU Internal Quality Matters (QM) Online Course Design Review
ABOUT THE PROCESS
The FGCU Internal Quality Matters (QM) Online Course Design review is a process for continuous improvement of online courses. Faculty and instructional designers will work together to review and improve online course design. Watch the "About the Process Video" video to learn more.
If you are interested in reviewing one or more of your online courses or have questions about the review process, please contact the Instructional Designer assigned to your department.
Remember, it is important to consider course design and course delivery separately. The Department of Digital Learning is currently developing a tool to review online teaching.
What is Quality Matters?
Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process designed to certify the quality of online courses and online components. Sponsored by MarylandOnline, Inc. Quality Matters has generated widespread interest and received national recognition for its peer-based approach to quality assurance and continuous improvement in online education. Originating from a FIPSE grant, Quality Matters is now a self-supporting organization offering institutional subscriptions and a range of fee-based services including Quality Matters-managed course reviews and an array of trainings.
What is the internal review protocol at FGCU?
- Faculty member completes a QM Course Worksheet that gives context to the course under review.
- The Instructor and Instructional Designer will apply the Quality Matters rubric to the course.
- Course strengths and areas for improvement will be identified.
- Faculty member and Instructional Designer will collaborate on course changes.
- Upon completion of the review process, instructors will earn a Review Completion certificate and a High Quality badge to display in the course.
Please contact the Instructional Designer assigned to your department if you have any questions.