The College of Arts & Sciences provides academic advising to students from the beginning of their sophomore year through graduation.
All appointments will be virtual until further notice.
Please ensure that your phone number is listed correctly or indicate a correct phone number in the Additional Information section when booking your appointment.
Your academic advisor will call you on the phone number indicated at the time of your appointment. Please note that the call may come to your phone as a blocked or private number or No Caller ID.
Are you Florida Southwestern student wishing to transfer to FGCU for your bachelors degree? Are you interested in a major in the College of Arts and Sciences? If so, we are having a virtual information session on the following dates: February 5, March 5, and April 2, 2021, from 12:30 to 1:00. Click below to register and then a Zoom link will be sent to you the Day before. You can also set up an individual appointment to talk to an advisor after the info session.
The following services are available to students:
- One-on-one advising by appointment
- Academic advising and program information for majors and minors
- Degree completion/graduation checks
- Orientation sessions for new students within the College of Arts & Sciences
- Registration and drop/add information
- Evaluation of academic transcripts and review of articulation of transfer credits
- Referral to faculty mentors for career and professional school advising
- Referrals for internship and research opportunities
- Maintenance of academic advising records
- Certification of graduation requirements
- Information regarding the transient enrollment process
Meet the Advising Teams
How should I select the classes I need to schedule each semester?Toggle More Info
I want to take a course at another institution and make sure the credits will count toward my degree. What should I do?Toggle More Info
I want to take a class that is closed. What do I do?Toggle More Info
I cannot register because there is a hold on my record. What do I do?Toggle More Info
When should I register for classes?Toggle More Info
Do I need a “C” or better in the courses in my major?Toggle More Info
How can I check my degree evaluation?Toggle More Info
What should I do as I near graduation?Toggle More Info
What is the Excess Hours Surcharge?Toggle More Info