The CAS & Water School Advising Office provides academic advising for all students within these majors/programs so they may achieve academic success.
We work with First-Time In College (following their transition from Exploratory Advising) and Transfer students.
Location: Seidler Hall Room 109
College of Arts & Sciences and the Water School Advising
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays
Students should utilize appointments for more intensive meetings to include any of the following:
- Traditional advising appointment (30 minutes)
- Change or add/ drop major guidance
- Semester to semester course planning
- College/University policy discussions
- Please ensure that your phone number is listed correctly or indicate a correct phone
number in the additional information section when booking your appointment.
Your academic advisor will call you on the phone number indicated at the time of your appointment. Please note that the call may come to your phone as a blocked or private number or No Caller ID.
Wednesday drop-in's for Quick Questions
CAS advising will recommence Quick Question Wednesdays on August 23rd. Please note that there will be no Quick Question Wednesday during the week of August 28th, as this week will be dedicated to Senior Grad Advising.
Wednesdays 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Quick question advising sessions are intended to be 15 minutes or less. Students should utilize quick question (drop-in) advising for the following:
- Registration errors
- Course permits
- Add/Drop withdraw
- Internship discussion
- Course scheduling suggestions and conflicts
You're welcome to schedule a meeting with an advisor or reach out via email to email@example.com if the matter cannot be resolved within the allotted 15-minute timeframe.
For advising outside of College of Arts & Sciences and the Water School, please visit the main advising page using the link below.
Location: Seidler Hall Room 109
We Provide Advising Services Through:
The following services are available to students:
- One-on-one advising by appointment
- Academic advising and program information for majors and minors
- Degree completion/graduation checks
- Orientation sessions for new students within the College of Arts & Sciences
- Registration and drop/add information
- Evaluation of academic transcripts and review of articulation of transfer credits
- Referral to faculty mentors for career and professional school advising
- Referrals for internship and research opportunities
- Maintenance of academic advising records
- Certification of graduation requirements
- Information regarding the transient enrollment process
Are you an FSW student interested in a major in the College of Arts and Sciences?
START PLANNING YOUR TRANSFER TO FLORIDA GULF COAST UNIVERSITY (FGCU)
2023-2024 Destination Days are available for YOU!
30-minute Appointment Times Available: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
FGCU academic advisors are available to meet with Destination FGCU
Students from our Florida State College partners. To schedule an
appointment, please contact the College of Arts & Sciences and The Water School at 239-590-7196
Meet the Advising Teams
Director of CAS Academic Advising
Team Arts & Humanities
Team Natural Sciences
Team Social Sciences
How should I select the classes I need to schedule each semester?Toggle More Info
I want to take a course at another institution and make sure the credits will count toward my degree. What should I do?Toggle More Info
I want to take a class that is closed. What do I do?Toggle More Info
I cannot register because there is a hold on my record. What do I do?Toggle More Info
When should I register for classes?Toggle More Info
Do I need a “C” or better in the courses in my major?Toggle More Info
How can I check my degree evaluation?Toggle More Info
What should I do as I near graduation?Toggle More Info
What is the Excess Hours Surcharge?Toggle More Info