|Zager, Mary Ann||CAS||2024|
|Knoche, Harry (Trip)||LCOB||2024|
|Murray, Elizabeth (Chair)||MCHHS||2023|
2021-2022 Meeting Schedule
The composition of the Program Review Team shall be as follows: Each academic unit will be represented by two elected faculty members, with the following two exceptions: The College of Arts and Sciences will have four elected members. Library Services may choose to have either one member, or to serve on an as-needed basis. Elected members from academic units will serve staggered 3-year terms. These members will be nominated and elected by the in-unit faculty members of their respective units. Ex officio members: A representative from Academic Affairs.
(ii) Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide recommendations to Faculty Senate for the development, periodic review, and revision of standards, policies, and procedures for university-level management of program review, creation and elimination of all degree and certificate programs, and in compliance with the Board of Governors’ Regulation 8.015.
- Participate in the three-year process of program review of all degree and certificate
programs, inform and make recommendations to Faculty Senate regarding the outcomes
of that process; specifically:
- Review guidelines for the selection of, and charges to external reviewers for each program under review.
- Review self-studies and make recommendations on their suitability for program review.
- Review the reports of the external reviewers and make recommendations on the adequacy of the report for program review.
- Review the response to the report from the program and the college leadership.
- Provide comments/recommendations in addition to those of the external reviewer as appropriate.
- Track program review response meetings, their results, and one-year follow-up actions.
Step 1: PRT reviews CVs of potential external reviewers identified by program and makes recommendation.
Step 2: Program writes self-study.
Step 3: External reviewer reviews program’s self-study and submits report of findings.
Step 4: Program responds to the external review report.
Step 5: PRT comments on program’s self-study, external review report, and program’s response.
Step 6: Provost meets with program administrators.
Step 7: Program writes one-year follow-up report.
Step 8: PRT comments on follow-up report to Provost’s recommendations.
Step 9: Provost meets with program administrators.
c. Create additional working groups as deemed appropriate or necessary by the PRT members. The PRT chair can extend invitations for membership on working groups to FGCU faculty members, administrators, and/or staff members otherwise unaffiliated with the PRT.
d. In consultation with the Office of Planning and Institutional Performance (PIP), provide recommendations to Faculty Senate on future needs and directions in program review.
e. Provide information to Faculty Senate on how well FGCU program review procedures and products conform to current and future Florida directives.