Get the 360° guidance to help you succeed
We provide transformative academic advising to students progressing in selective and limited access undergraduate majors within Marieb College of Health & Human Services
Advising begins at the Marieb College of Health & Human Services advising workshop and continues to graduation. Regular meetings with your advisor will help ensure that you stay on track with meeting your academic progression requirements.
The Marieb College Advisors are committed to providing guidance in academic and personal development in a collaborative and mentoring environment. The objective is to foster interaction between the advisors and students in a supportive atmosphere where students will achieve self-sufficiency while implementing their educational goals to reach degree completion.
- Develop a Student Education Plan (SEP) for timely graduation
- Select appropriate courses for upcoming terms
- Review program requirements, milestones and prerequisites
- Review admission requirements for limited and selective access programs
- Assist student in understanding FGCU advising technology (Degree Works)
- Educating student on how to find FGCU technology (Gulfline, Canvas, Eagle Mail,etc)
- Review academic and career goals alignment
- Explore academic pathways to career options
- Assist students in understanding academic policies and procedures (such as grade forgiveness, withdrawal deadlines, repeat rules, etc.)
- Discuss extracurricular activities that foster personal development
- Refer to other departments on campus
- Inform student about campus resources
Things you need to know
The Marieb College of Health & Human Services provides academic advising to students who are preparing to enter undergraduate and graduate programs in the college.
- Stay on track with major curriculum map
- Explore Academic Milestones
- Get details in the lower-division Student Guidebook
Receive more hands-on clinical experience, cross-disciplinary exposure and personalized attention to make you a 360° professional than you’ll find in other programs across the country.
application dates and degree REQUIREMENTS
Select program for requirements. Select deadline date for admission details.
|Clinical Laboratory Science *||June 1 - Fall Only|
|Exercise Science *||May 15 - Fall Only|
|Health Science||Rolling Admission|
|Public Health||Rolling Admission|
|Social Work *||June 1 - Fall Only|
*Deadlines that fall on weekends and/or a holiday will be accepted on the next business day.
Onboarding - Transition WorkshopToggle More Info
Onboarding – Transfer WorkshopToggle More Info
Onboarding – Change major to MCHHS MajorToggle More Info
Lower-Division Student AdvisingToggle More Info
Upper-Division Student AdvisingToggle More Info
Tips for current MCHHS studentToggle More Info
Returning StudentToggle More Info
Destination FGCU StudentToggle More Info
Get Info on Student Success Resources
Do you need more help?
Explore other campus resources and advising tools
Policies and Guidelines