Applicants must submit an application online at apply.fgcu.edu. Please contact Graduate Admissions at 239-745-GRAD or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about the application process. Satisfaction of minimum University and program requirements does not guarantee admission to a graduate program. Applicants should check with the program for the most up to date admission requirements prior to commencing the application process.
See program website at URL listed above.
General Admission Requirements
- Admission Requirements
- Earned undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Official copies of all academic transcripts
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GMAT score of 450 taken within the last five years or an equivalent GRE score
- International students must take TOEFL exam with a minimum score of 550 (paper based),
213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet based)
- Students with GPA Below 3.0
Students with a GPA between 2.50 and 2.99 may be considered on a case by case basis
if they meet the following:
- Minimum GMAT of 500 &
- Upper level GPA x 200 + GMAT = 1050 (or equivalent GRE score)
GMAT and GRE score equivalency is established using the ETS comparison tool
Students with GPAs below 3.0 who reach the required 1050 points for admission using
the formula, require an approved exception to University minimum requirements
- GMAT Waiver
GMAT/GRE requirement will be waived if the applicant holds:
- A Doctoral or comparable terminal degree OR
- An undergraduate degree from an AACSB accredited business program with a minimum 3.0
GPA in upper division coursework (last 60 credit hours) within the last 7 years OR
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a minimum
3.0 GPA in the upper division coursework within the last 7 years
- An undergraduate degree in a STEM program from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum GPA of 3.5 (overall) within the last 7 years
- A graduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university (or equivalent
A full listing of AACSB-Accredited Universities and Business Schools
- GMAT Waiver Based on Work Experience
A GMAT waiver request is on a case-by-case basis with evidence of a minimum 4 years
of managerial and budgetary experience. Applicants requesting a GMAT waiver based
on work experience must submit the following documents (by the program admissions
deadline) to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Signed Waiver Request Checklist
- Formal letter (addressed to the MBA Committee) requesting a GMAT waiver. The letter
should complement the resume by supporting and elaborating on the managerial and budgetary
experience (minimum of four years).
- Formal resume indicating 4 years of managerial experience in a professional business
setting such as economics, finance, accounting, business management, human resources,
marketing, information systems, data analytics, etc., which includes experience with
maintaining, managing, and/or operating a budget.
Please note - the MBA Committee reserves the right to request verification of the
four years of experience from the applicant’s employer.
- Conditional Admissions
Students who do not meet the GMAT waiver criteria in #3 or #4, but have an undergraduate
GPA of 3.0, can be conditionally admitted to the MBA program without submitting a
GMAT score. The student will then need to successfully complete two of the following
four courses with a B or higher before registering for other classes in the program
and to be fully admitted to the program*
- QMB 6303 Data Driven Decision Making
- ACG 6075 Managerial Accounting
- FIN 6406 Finance Management
- ECP 6705 Managerial Economics
*Full time students will be required to take two of these four courses in their first
*Prior to admission to a graduate program, students may complete a maximum of 9 credit
hours of graduate level courses on a non‑degree seeking basis.