Mentors Open Doors
Our local Business Professionals make our program truly special.
Through the Lutgert Mentorship program, I gained valuable insight into the world of business and professionalism. My mentor became a trusted role model, guiding me toward opportunities and encouraging me to get out of my comfort zone. The relationship we built is a true testament to the impact the program has and the lessons I learned will benefit me throughout my life and career.”
Through the Lutgert Mentorship Program, I not only grew my professional skills, but also gained the confidence to take on new challenges as I stepped outside my comfort zone. I am grateful for my mentor, Mike Divico, whose wisdom and experience as a professional in the Logistics Sector guided and prepared me to enter the workforce and face its many challenges. I’m excited to continue to build upon the lessons I learned in this program as I navigate towards my future endeavors”
An initiative of Dean Chris Westley, the Lutgert Mentorship Program seeks to leverage the academic success of Lutgert College of Business students by matching them with mentors in their fields of study and interest as they prepare for productive careers as Lutgert alumni. With a mission to promote the professional development of the student and his or her business success, this program facilitates meaningful connections between students and individuals in their chosen industry. Lutgert Mentors are committed to sharing knowledge, advice, and constructive feedback to assist students in the transition from college to the real world in relationships that could last long after graduation. Housed under Lutgert’s brand-new Center for Business Success, the Lutgert Mentorship Program focuses on preparing students for the workforce and becoming future industry leaders.
Building and strengthening relationships with a new generation
''Business is about risk and reward, relationships and service, and mentorship programs are about establishing intentional and strategic connections between our students and the productive class’’
- Dr. Chris Westley
Talk with our Mentorship Program Coordinator to get the details you need to get started.
Why Be a Mentor?
- Contribute to the development of the region's future leaders by transferring skills and knowledge.
- Enhance coaching and mentoring skills
- Expand your professional network and build new relationships with the Lutgert College of Business
- Give back to the community and university by supporting young professionals
- Gain new insights and perspectives on the latest industry and community trends
- Strengthen the talent pipeline of SWFL
- Invitation to exclusive Lutgert Mentorship events with campus leadership
Why Be a Mentee?
- Enhance your understanding of the industry
- Build your professional network with industry leaders
- Mentee Only Invitations to exclusive networking events on campus
- Enhanced job opportunities
- Opportunity to practice, refine and enhance career readiness competencies
- Develop your own leadership style
Lutgert News | MentorshipSee All