Summer 2023 Economics Boot Camp
Wednesday, August 9 – Friday , August 11
Offered by the Department of Economics & Finance, this three-day program is available to all students who are enrolled in ECO 2013: Principles of Macroeconomics in Fall 2023. Principles of Macroeconomics is one of the first business classes that students take, and it can be challenging. Participation in the program will increase your likelihood of being successful in ECO 2013 and graduating from FGCU in four years. Economics Boot Camp is also great way to meet other business majors.
Economics Boot Camp includes:
- Success tips
- Sample lectures and class activities
- Study skill exercises
- Sample exams and assessment tools
- Introduction to resources on campus
- A chance to meet Economics faculty
Benefits of participating:
- Improve performance in all economics classes
- Improved likelihood of graduating
- Improved likelihood of graduating in four years
- Opportunity to build a network of friends to study with
- Lower probability of tuition penalties for excess hours
- Moving into your dorm early
- Meeting your classmates early
- Kickstarting your career at FGCU!
Open to all students enrolled in ECO 2013 in Fall 2023
Fall 2023 Meeting Times:
- Wednesday, August 9 (2:00 PM – 5:00 PM)
- Thursday, August 10 (9:00 AM – 1:30 PM)
- Friday, August 11 (9:00 AM – 1:30 PM)
Location: FGCU Main Campus, Marieb Hall 200
Registration for this program closes at 5:00 PM on 8/1/2023.
If assistance is needed due to a disability,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Boot Camp Details
SCHEDULE: Be aware FGCU will organize many social activities that overlap with these dates. Additionally, Greek Life will begin their annual rush for new members during this week. Students participating in Boot Camp will not be available to participate in these social activities. Please consider this before registering for the program.
MEALS: Breakfast snacks and lunch will be provided to all students on Thursday and Friday of the program. Please bring your own water bottle.
HOUSING: Students participating in the Macroeconomics Boot Camp that will live on campus in Fall 2023 will be allowed to move into their selected dorm on the morning of Wednesday, August 9. Therefore, you will be among the first students to move into the dorms! Students living off campus in southwest Florida that are planning to commute during the Fall 2023 semester can simply commute to Macroeconomics Boot Camp. You are not required to stay on campus for this program.
For more information or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Economics Boot Camp is provided by the Department of Economics & Finance at FGCU.