Summer 2022 Macroeconomics Boot Camp
Monday, August 15 and Wednesday, August 17
Offered by the Department of Economics & Finance, this two-day program is available to all students who are enrolled in ECO 2013: Principles of Macroeconomics in Fall 2022. Principles of Macroeconomics is one of the first business classes that students take, and it can be challenging. Participation in the program will increase your likelihood of being successful in ECO 2013 and graduating from FGCU in four years. Macroeconomics Boot Camp is also great way to meet other business majors.
Macroeconomics Boot Camp includes:
- Success tips
- Sample lectures and class activities
- Study skill exercises
- Sample exams and assessment tools
- Introduction to resources on campus
- A chance to meet Economics faculty
Benefits of participating:
- Improve performance in all economics classes
- Improved likelihood of graduating
- Improved likelihood of graduating in four years
- Opportunity to build a network of friends to study with
- Lower probability of tuition penalties for excess hours
- Moving into your dorm early
- Meeting your classmates early
- Kickstarting your career at FGCU!
Open to all students enrolled in ECO 2013 in Fall 2022
Fall 2022 Meeting Times:
- Monday, August 15 (9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Wednesday, August 17 (9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
Location: FGCU Main Campus, Lutgert Hall 1204
Registration for this program closes at 5:00 PM on 8/10/2022.
If assistance is needed due to a disability,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Boot Camp Details
SCHEDULE: Be aware FGCU will organize many social activities that overlap with these dates. Additionally, Greek Life will begin their annual rush for new members during this week. Students participating in Boot Camp will not be available to participate in these social activities. Please consider this before registering for the program.
MEALS: Students are responsible for their own meals. The schedule will provide time for students to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
HOUSING: Students participating in the Macroeconomics Boot Camp that will live on campus in Fall 2022 will be allowed to move into their selected dorm on the morning of Sunday August 14. Therefore, you will be among the first students to move into the dorms! Students living off campus in southwest Florida that are planning to commute during the Fall 2022 semester can simply commute to Macroeconomics Boot Camp. You are not required to stay on campus for this program.
For more information or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Macroeconomics Boot Camp is provided by the Department of Economics & Finance at FGCU.